View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Hide Stats Feedback, vertical bars missed, horizontal not 
Handicapper

Post Hide Stats Feedback, vertical bars missed, horizontal not
I've been playing a bit with this, and do like it. It adds a nice dimension, esp. with studying pedigrees in breeding. Running a longer form build makes this doable right from Day 1.

However, as a trainer, I shouldn't need to enter a horse in a race, or set a match race and then listen to an apprentice jockey to know "that one can really run", or "efficient stride, plenty in the tank after breeze", or "clips all the fences; lazy with legs over jumps, best keep on brush not timber for now". These are all plain as day as long as I show up for works and watch.

So ideally the vertical bars which are "current condition" type bars should be visible, once I have the facilities to observe the training behavior, like before. The horizontal bars are great hidden. If I put a horse in stamina training, or speed training, or work with the gate; I should be able to see the effects pay off (or not) in subsequent works.

Except the split jump bar should be seen. You can see if a horse is currently a careful jumper, or not, in works. And you can see how much they need to slow down to jump or not. Or if they are one of the ones that come to a dead stop, rearrange all four feet then try and take the jump flat footed from the dead stop. Those are fun to ride. :roll: No need to enter a race to see that. So ideally the jump ability for both speed and carefulness should be visible, not just one mega jump bar.

I do love the feature, it just made me feel like a very bad trainer who stayed drunk, gambling in the clubhouse all day instead of watching works. I guess if I'm the owner, some are that stupid (you didn't hear that from me!). But in an owner/trainer game the trainer half should know these things if doing the job.

Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]