View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 jockey comments 
Selling plater

Post jockey comments
i'd find it very useful if the jockey comments for my horses were included in the form book

Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:19 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: jockey comments
Would also be useful to be able to type your own comments if you have ridden the horse and them appear as jockey comments for easy access

Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:50 pm
Handicapper

For horses you own, the jockey comments are saved in the "Form Summary" table at the bottom on the horse view, Summary tab. They are available as a mouse-over tooltip, when you mouse over the little speech bubble icon. If there is no bubble icon, you didn't own the horse that race, and won't know what the jockey said, which is fair enough. Picture:

You can type your own comments by hovering the mouse over your horse in any screen which lists them and hitting "N". If the mouseover says "Click to view horse Data", that is when you can also hit "N". Then a Notes: field comes up at the bottom and you enter the comment. When you have done that, a little white triangle shows by the horse's name and mouse over that to see your comment.

That is in non-race day mode. During race day you can still see both using the race day form. The mouse over for notes looks like a letter there, picture:

And from that place if you click on the horse's name you go to detailed view and can see the prior jockey notes.

Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:35 pm
Selling plater

yeah i know but it would be much more convenient if they were visible in the formbook. i like to see the race comments and the jockey's comments on the same page.

actually i'd like to be able to make notes on the individual races too and see them in the form book. at the moment i keep a word file with this stuff on

Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:09 pm
Handicapper

Yeah, there would need to then be two notes type fields on horses. A per race, for what you want to match jockey's comments which are per race. And then the existing per horse field. I can see that being a bit of work to implement.

The screen swapping can be tedious. But for now since one is per horse, and the other per race, I get it.

I'm trying to see if I can use the notes field to get away from using the big spreadsheet I used in SO6, which was another level of tedious probably like you out of game file. And I found out notes aren't saved (shown?) once the horse goes to breeding. So I may not be able to, since preferred pace and pacifier type are inherited and I may want to track.

Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:40 pm
Selling plater

i only use the notes field when i can't find a suitable race for a horse. i just type in the date i searched to and the type and distance of the race i'm looking for. i know then i needn't bother to look again for a race for that horse until it approaches the date i input. it's made race entries much more organised and efficient particularly with a big stable

Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:05 pm
Group 3 winner

I have noticed that the comments a jockey makes immediately after the race sometimes are not the same as when you check the comments on the formbook page.
A post race comment told me the horse could run another furlong but when i checked the comment in the formbook it stated "the horse got the distance well"?

Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:55 am
Handicapper

Jango wrote:
I have noticed that the comments a jockey makes immediately after the race sometimes are not the same as when you check the comments on the formbook page.
A post race comment told me the horse could run another furlong but when i checked the comment in the formbook it stated "the horse got the distance well"?

I noticed this for the first time today when using the latest patch. I actually had the exact same thing. After race jockey stating can go another furlong but formbook shows jockey stating got the distance.

Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]