View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 AI entries 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: AI entries
It occurred to me today that one way to fix this issue of horses coming back the next day to run again is a designation in the schedule, for lack of a better name, the Anti-Prep. Just like you add a prep for a race in the schedule you could add an anti-prep race to a schedule. No more Kentucky Oaks winners/runners coming back the very next day in the Kentucky Derby because the anti-prep designation for the Kentucky Derby forbids Kentucky Oaks runners. Maybe this is easy to implement- maybe not.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:47 am
Selling plater

qwsa wrote:
I'm after a similar type of thing. A solely UK and Ireland game with all the major races from both, and the big clashes at festivals like Cheltenham, Aintree, Punchestown etc. Essentially, as realistic as can be, so probably not as much into the old legends and names, but I would be more than happy to ammend the schedule to suit my own tastes once you've finished it.

We seem to have the same mindset regarding what i get out of the game etc, concentrating on just the jumps and culminating in the big end of season festivals (both UK and IRE), not really in to the flat game in all honesty - so i will forward to seeing any schedules may be available - but me again i am not keen on the old legends names etc more in to reality as possible.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:48 pm
Selling plater

The whole narrative of jumps racing is uk vs ireland at cheltenham, it has never been implemented properly in the game. I think it would benefit massively from being redone from the ground up rather than patching and strapping on. All of the focus from 5 to 6 was the 3D graphics, all of the focus from 6 to 7 appears to be the new breeding which I cant comment on as ive not bought the game yet but appears to have a lot of issues going by posts on here. The trainer AI and core game has not changed in many years and must be the main goal of SO8 to redo it better. Sadly I dont see anything significant being changed in this department for SO7.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:47 am
Group 1 winner

I have to disagree that waiting until so8 should be necessary, I can't see how any of the things we are asking for are particularly difficult to implement. Irish horses not running in certain races like novice hurdles seems to be a fundamental flaw with the game that hasn't been looked at yet by Mark, but must be fixable without too much difficulty. Having graded novice races would seemingly just need a new race type added on top of the large number of different race types in the game already. Horses running on consecutive days or just a few days apart could very easily be fixed with something like as I have suggested before, a new race condition similar to already existing ones like max runs or max wins, with the condition of not having run in previous 7 or however many days. Likewise, progression through hurdles to fences could be implemented by restricting all jumps races to horses that must have run over hurdles, and perhaps an increase in novice hurdle races and bumpers, as well as the issue with only 4/5 year olds running in novice hurdle races being fixed. I don't think these are additions that require a whole new game.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:52 pm
Group 1 winner

Mark, is there any chance if you could advise on whether these things are going to be looked at?

Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:43 pm
Selling plater

qwsa wrote:
Mark, is there any chance if you could advise on whether these things are going to be looked at?

It seems the developers don't listen to the game players - I am yet to see an Irish horse running in the UK races yet, no matter what I do!

Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:05 pm
Group 1 winner

Thats odd because in my US-OZ flat game the Oz horses come over for all schedule races . :D :D It works in my game.

Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:27 am
Group 1 winner

The problem is in the jumps game, the flat is fine in terms of international runners.

Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:57 am
Selling plater

Hang in there, i am looking to finish this schedule by the start of Cheltenham which i hope will give you something to work with.

Mark improved the Irish Novice Hurdlers in the last patch so the festival in March now has Irish runners in all the novice races i have tested.

The NHF is the only area that is not working. Still no entries after 2018.

They look a bit too good in these images!

Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:19 am
Group 1 winner

Look really good Tippi

Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:01 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Great Tippi! So the Irish novice problem is sorted completely? And how about handicaps, can you get Irish horses in the grand national and handicaps at Cheltenham? And how about novices running in handicaps and the ages of novice hurdles? It's great if the novice hurdles has been sorted, and I know I've asked a lot for one patch, but very excited to see these issues being looked at! Thanks Mark

Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:27 am
Selling plater

Yes the novice hurdlers seem to be working from the testing i've done. Just need the NHF races to be fixed.

I've not advanced past NHF, Juvenile and Novice races yet qwsa so i will keep you informed. Moving onto handicaps next. Should complete the Novices by tomorrow. Its been tough sledging.

I don't see the handicaps being an issue at the big meetings though, not sure about novices running in handicaps. Will test that with some preps.

Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:46 am
Selling plater

This looks good Tippi - just the sort of mod that will get me playing again, looking forward to it!

Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:54 am
Group 3 winner

What is worse than this problem is the jumps breeding barn, it's a shambles. The AI clearly doesn't work it refuses to put good colts-stallions in there. The horses u are given at the start of the game just keep getting older and the few new horses are normally rubbish. What's the point of a breeding barn if it's not worth using. Can anyone tell me if they have seen a group 1 winning mare go to a group 1 winning stallion, can it happen because i've not seen one and if that's the case then the AI is stopping horses from improving.

Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:29 pm
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
What is worse than this problem is the jumps breeding barn, it's a shambles. The AI clearly doesn't work it refuses to put good colts-stallions in there. The horses u are given at the start of the game just keep getting older and the few new horses are normally rubbish. What's the point of a breeding barn if it's not worth using. Can anyone tell me if they have seen a group 1 winning mare go to a group 1 winning stallion, can it happen because i've not seen one and if that's the case then the AI is stopping horses from improving.

Problem is in real life most G1 winning males are geldings but maybe Mark should have Flat stallions available in jumps game

Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:05 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next