View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:01 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 SO7 Beta, where are we? 
Selling plater

Post SO7 Beta, where are we?
So I guess it's a question for Mark or those in the know really but how much more development is there to go, are there just tweaks (I realise it's a lot more difficult than that sounds) or are there areas of the game that are being worked on in depth, i.e. I know the commentary was mentioned in regards ironing it out a bit (remove that damn cough)?

I know S07 was always billed as getting new underlying code out there but rather than us issuing requests for this release I would be interested to know if that door has already shut and in reality ideas being forward now are for SO8?

Shame about some aspects of the jumps game as that is my passion, especially the jockey mode, would love to have heard more realistic crowd noise and some of those doodgy sprites removed and replaced with a more generic crowd.

All in all the game is in a good place to build the next release, purchasing this game is like a pursuit of a dream building block at a time but it is briiliant,

Kenn

Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:49 pm
Group 2 winner

Post Re: SO7 Beta, where are we?
At the moment the big issues are being ignored, and the insignificant/trivial things are being corrected: :(

As long as Mark keeps saying the game is being improved, that is all that counts apparently: :roll:

https://www.sportsleagueladders.com/

Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:07 pm
Handicapper

Welcome to low budget games, where a new release (first in many years) features upgrades that would simply be an update on any other game. SO7 is basically what could have been dlc for so6, i,e breeding dlc with a few countries added in. All the 3d stuff he hasn't even tried to upgrade (even I've tried!!) Same old creepy looking bastards in the crowd. He's even downgraded the game in some ways - new cam angle when riding, horrible Scottish commentator - I would have preferred Stephen Hawking on commentary!. I'd rather be a lover than a hater, but this game is only worthy of the latter in its current state. I bought the bloody thing the same day it was released and must have less than 10 hours game time. :x :roll: :!:

Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:58 am
Group 1 winner

There are definite improvements in the game and being made all the time. It's still in beta and so there are still improvements to come, but without a doubt there are new features that have improved the game and give the game so much more potential. Also, issues being raised here are being looked at and plemented where possible, every new patch brings new improvements to the game. I think the criticism above is very harsh.

Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:17 am
Site Admin

nathd88 you PM'd me requesting a refund but have not yet emailed in your key. Send it so you can move on. The rules are clear: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2147

The camera has not changed. The default has. More views have been added. The old angle can be slecetd via 'V'.

You don't like the Scottish accent. No it will not be changed just for you.

The constant moaning regarding the two runs rule for 2yo's has been addressed as far as it will be. The case is closed.

Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:23 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 5 posts ]