View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Notes Option for Breeding Mares and Studs 
Group 1 winner

Post Notes Option for Breeding Mares and Studs
Would it be possible to have the notes option for breeding mares and studs you own? I have a bunch of both and would like to make notes for them. I have some mares who I want to breed to a certain stud but they have to wait in line to get to him. With all the info involved in racing horses and breeding I forget what mares are to be bred to what stud after a while and I have to research again. A handy note would help immensely. Notes on a mare or studs good and bad stats would be handy too.

Thu May 09, 2019 9:36 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Notes Option for Breeding Mares and Studs
I would also love a notes field that is "sticky" through the breeding barn. I have a mare grading shorthand thing I use and might even have picked a stud while they are still racing. It is the only part of my old spreadsheet tracking I haven't replaced with SO7 notes.

Fri May 10, 2019 9:43 pm
Group 1 winner

Bumping this because I really want it please. I envision myself making a note for a breeding mare or stud that quickly tells me in shorthand that they have certain good stats and certain bad stats.

Surely it can't be hard to implement? Maybe it is?

Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:55 pm
Handicapper

SiriusChill wrote:
Bumping this because I really want it please. I envision myself making a note for a breeding mare or stud that quickly tells me in shorthand that they have certain good stats and certain bad stats.

Surely it can't be hard to implement? Maybe it is?

At the minute I’m using a word document that I use when I find a good stallion. I play windowed mode so it’s easy to keep it minimised and open it and switch back to the game.

Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:14 pm
Handicapper

I'm taking screenshots of each horse, then syncing it to my other laptop (don't like using my old display with my 4K laptop), then importing it a photo organiser. Then I'm using the tag system, so for a mare I'd tag her #breedingmare #stalliontobreedwith. I'm thinking I'm gonna write it down in a bullet journal for like breeding plans and plans for future races for horses.

But yeah, it's a lot of work to keep track of everything. Especially if you don't have access to your spreadsheet/document/etc.

I'd also love to be able to put a note on a race, to go alongside the jockey feedback. So I can note stuff like "boxed in", got forced to go wide, just stuff that doesn't always end up in the formbook or feedback. With 50 horses in my racing stable, sometimes by the time I go to book another race, I don't remember. Oh and it'd be cool if we could put notes on yearlings and have them persist when they turn 2yo as well. To like mark which ones you're keeping to try out or selling or even "give it a year til they're 3yo before selling".

Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:36 am
Group 1 winner

I'm bumping this because I see others on the forum discussing how they would like the option of being able to make notes for horses in the breeding barn. Wouldn't this be simple to add?

Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]