View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Improvements to schedule and AI 
Site Admin

Post Re: Improvements to schedule and AI
Quote:
I just tried this, and unfortunately it results in no runners at all. Also tried CSG and CGS, which both also resulted in no runners. It doesn't seem to recognise the letter S in the sex category, and therefore seems to think that no horses are eligible.

Is it possible to update it to allow a C in the sex category to refer to a male horse of any age that is not gelded? This obviously wouldn't affect the current main use of the C for 2yo and 3yo races, as those races are age-restricted anyway. It would allow the very small number of races for older horses that are restricted to males to work properly though, such as the Royal Windsor and Sovereign Stakes. It might also give us the option to more accurately categorise the Arc as 3yo+ CFM!

Yes I just checked there is no 'S' flag so the best solution is to allow 'C' to refer to a male that is not gelded as you say. I'll get another update out soon.

Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:31 pm
Group 1 winner

Thanks, Mark - that's great.

I tested out the new patch. Great to see 2yo Novice races now appearing from July onwards.

Another thing I noticed with the non-feature races is that there is still a large number of handicaps restricted to 4yo+ towards the end of the year. I noticed this by accident when I was looking at the available races for a 3yo during the season, and found a shortage of handicaps. By the second half of the season (perhaps from July or August onwards), most open handicaps should be for 3yo+, with only a few (mostly middle distance and staying races) still appearing separately for 3yo and 4yo+.

Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:32 pm
Site Admin

Update 1.027 is available.

Using 'C' should now result in male horses that have not been gelded being included. There is a possibility this could cause problems elsewhere but hopefully not.

Also more 3youp handicaps and less 4youp later on in the season.

Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:06 am
Group 1 winner

Great! Thanks Mark!

Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:58 am
Group 1 winner

I'm still getting horses running in two races on the same day quite often, can this be made so its impossible?

Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:29 pm
Group 2 winner

Hi is there anyway we can get more 2yo handicaps/ nurserys. There doesn't seem to be that many at all.

Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:39 pm
Group 1 winner

There's still a big issue with horses running in two races on the same day, or races that are just a few days apart.

Fri May 15, 2020 8:41 pm
Group 1 winner

Mark, is there any chance of the 3 meetings per day maximum being lifted to 4 or 5?

Fri May 29, 2020 2:01 pm
Group 1 winner

qwsa wrote:
Mark, is there any chance of the 3 meetings per day maximum being lifted to 4 or 5?

Yeah, must admit, I'd like to see an increase, even if it just applied to Saturdays!

Or perhaps it could be a maximum of three meetings in the UK (or home nation, depending on which schedule is being played) each day, along with a maximum of two overseas meetings. Saturdays are the main issue though, especially for a global schedule.

Fri May 29, 2020 4:56 pm
Group 1 winner

Yes, the increase in the possible horse pool size, as well as the allocation of foreign horses, makes having a lot more races from all countries feasible, but at the moment, almost the only thing preventing it is the 3 meeting per day maximum.

Fri May 29, 2020 5:48 pm
Selling plater

I can confirm and join in a bit of a bug with AI putting horses in races on the same day. I'm the last patch and it still happens.

Also race-day very very close to each other should be stopped. I had one 2yo racing on the American West coast one day and then on the East Coast the very next day. It can't be to hard to code this bug to get a decent rest period. Perhaps even different length depending on age of the horse. 2yo should race a lot less.

Yes 3 meetings max on the same race day is sad. Just getting that 4th race meet in should help massively in "correct" schedule setups.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:57 am
Selling plater

This 3 meet max is abit of flexy.
I created a schedule where I had 3 meets on many days, but in several cases 1 of those meet was from a secondary nation. In those cases with such 2nd nation meet I saw that the automatic scheduling filling out with meets with no feature races actually put in a 4th meet in all these days. However when reaching that date only the 3 meets with feature-races that I created was on. The 4th "ghost" meet without any feature races was gone.

Pretty new to scheduling races, so I question if anyone seen this and if it could create crashes later on. It's only when a secondary nation is involved this happens.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13