View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Improvements to schedule and AI 
Site Admin

Post Re: Improvements to schedule and AI
Quote:
Its great that horses can now drop in class for the first run of the season, but could this include listed races? So maybe group 3 and perhaps group 2 winners can drop to listed races for their first run too? At the moment it only includes group races, but some listed races such as the feilden stakes, dee stakes and lingfield derby trial often attract group winners.

This should already be the case (for lower group races) but I will check.

Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:01 am
Group 1 winner

I cant say that I've seen any group winnere in listed races, and ive tried prepping them too.

Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:19 pm
Group 1 winner

All these patches and yet the jumps side of the game is still a joke , so when will u fix the jumps breeding barn or are u only interested in the flat game Mark , perhaps u should scrap the jumps game because u do nothing with it. :twisted: :twisted:

Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:32 pm
Group 1 winner

I know u not going to do anything about it Mark because u don't care about the jumps side of the game.

Here is a few questions for u to answer Mark .

Why does the green( fulfilled ) potential fall of a cliff with jumpers after 6 years of age and yet the same doesn't happen with flat horses , that's completely the wrong way around when jumpers last longer than flat horses . Name me any stallion in the world that ever started at 10-11, its so unrealistic and the answer is zero point zero. :lol: :lol:

Why do stallions not go into the breeding barn until 10 over jumps , that's not realistic at all .

Why doesn't good horses go into the jumps breeding barn where they do on the flat!!!!

Why are the mares in the breeding sale old and crap and why doesn't any half decent horse ever come up for sale unlike the flat game.

Why do jump horses potential not improve as much as the flat horses , between when they are born and they turn 5 flat horses improve 20% on the flat where its probably 5% over jumps.

Last edited by ghostzapper74 on Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:04 am
Group 1 winner

This is the crap u get when u breed to older stallions in the barn , this was the best stallion in the computer as well.

From my mare . U just cant improve u horses from the computer jump stallions :evil: :evil:

The only thing u get from old jump stallions is unfulfilled potential that is no good to anyone.

Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:09 am
Group 3 winner

The game is out of beta and yet there has been next to no improvements to the jumps game, as ghostzapper has said, either give it equal attention and do the same improvements as have been done to the flat game, or scrap it altogether, as in its current state it is a very poor relation to the flat game. I love playing the combined schedule, but, in doing so you have to put up with all the failings of the jumps game. It's not as if the problems haven't been highlighted, there have been several of us who have flagged up the failings of the jumps side, but all to no avail, and yet the flat game has been fine tuned to the whims of others. I am not saying the flat side didn't need improving, because it did, and still does, but, the jumps side is way behind. If it was a race the jumps side would have been pulled up by now.

Mark, please have a look at the required improvements for the jumps game and at least do that side of the game equal justice to the efforts put in on the flat side.

Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:08 pm
Group 2 winner

It's all in the approach as qwsa said, few posts back guys, your posts are always coming across like an attack by Vikings on the battle grounds lol, one of you have used so many "why's" it's not funny, open a thread to do with the jumps game and take a leaf from qwsa approach, and ask politely with out being aggressive after all mark is only human like us, so if you post aggressive posts he will ignore them.

Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:24 pm
Group 3 winner

Tomas wrote:
It's all in the approach as qwsa said, few posts back guys, your posts are always coming across like an attack by Vikings on the battle grounds lol, one of you have used so many "why's" it's not funny, open a thread to do with the jumps game and take a leaf from qwsa approach, and ask politely with out being aggressive after all mark is only human like us, so if you post aggressive posts he will ignore them.

There have been plenty of threads about the jumps game, all ignored to a large degree. And not just this version of the game, previous incarnations also.

I do not believe my posts to be aggressive, I also don't believe you have to beg and curtsey to get a game you have paid for up to standard on the jump front. If Mark has no interest in the jump side, fair enough, but better to cut it adrift than just let it limp along.

Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:36 pm
Group 1 winner

I agree the jumps side needs improving, but mark cant work on every aspect of the game at once. Perhaps now its jumps season and more people may be wanting to play jumps, some more attention camln be given to that side of the game. Given the improvements we've had in the flat game, I'm sure lots of the improvements needed in the jumps game are possible. But ghostzapper especially should be more mature than to ask for improvements in the manner he has, why would Mark want to implement changes suggested by someone putting them forwards in such a way!

Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:49 pm
Group 2 winner

To be honest neves_rats how many posts on this forum have been threats from a hand full of people threatening that they want their money back, or giving bad publicity on here on the game which is unfounded and not true, there is ways of approaching mark neves_rats, after all he owns the game, he is the author, and it is his forum, it's like I want this and you are going to make it happen mark or I will give your game a bad write up on your forum, really! there has to be some sort of respect on here neves_rats years ago there was, some how it all has gone, people are aggressive, show no respect, and don't care who they hurt any more, that is sad to say the least, myself! I will buy the game the way it is for the next 100 versions, and thank the author for giving us a first class horse racing game that is the best in the world, but that is me, and lot more like me on here will say the same.
That is my opinion and I hope I am welcome to it.

Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:59 pm
Handicapper

Latest patch, 1.005, seems to have resolved some, if not all of the breeding aspects of the jumps game.

Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:57 pm
Group 1 winner

The jumps game has improved massively now with them peaking at 8 or 9 , much more realistic :D :D and they are improving wit the potential bar working again now.

This is the best jumps game ever now , thank u mark. :D

Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:28 pm
Handicapper

Odd behavior with a specific legend, may be related to out of country horses?

Vanilla UK flat game. I added Yeats as a Legend. No mods to him or schedule.

AI refuses to run him. He is now a 4 yr old in my game and unraced! Seasons where he was 2 & 3 were run while changes to some flags were being made.

Sad, since he is a fun one to bet on, or race against depending on how far I am.

Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:49 am
Group 1 winner

Mark is there any possibility of increasing the number of meetings per day? This would really help when trying to create an international schedule with races from a number of countries, as to try to keep races on the real dates they are run means many are on the same day, and the game just doesn't allow for this at the moment with only 3 meetings possible.

Thanks

Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:16 pm
Group 1 winner

Mark, I know there was a patch that made group one winners run in lower graded races on their first run of the season, and this has worked well. I really think this would be great if it could be expanded so that its not only their first run, perhaps group one winners should still be able to run in group 2 and 3 races at other times as preps for group one races. Perhaps a way to control this would be if they run in lower graded races when prepped to do so. This would be really useful in creating schedules where horses have realistic campaigns.

Thanks

Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next