View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:48 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Atten' Mark 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Atten' Mark
ghosty wrote:
Doug I'm 110 percent against this, so what is going to get sorted after a league season that can't be sorted now. If everyone wants to bury their heads in the sand then that's fine, SO6 probably was the best the league has ever been and yet we probably had 30 to 40 percent less people playing then SO5. If that's not a problem then I don't know what is. We all know what will happen after the first season, nothing. Unless we work out what's best for the league going forward before we even get a season then nothing will change, if everyone is happy with statas quo then fine.

Easy - we can make the changes now and you lose Jim and Paul or we can have a season that can be used to trial a new race kit where Jim and Paul and whoever who have done a shed load of breeding can race their horses and see something for their effort before we start with a clean slate.
I think Mark's idea is a sensible middle ground solution.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:47 pm
Group 3 winner

NPG319 wrote:
ghosty wrote:
Doug I'm 110 percent against this, so what is going to get sorted after a league season that can't be sorted now. If everyone wants to bury their heads in the sand then that's fine, SO6 probably was the best the league has ever been and yet we probably had 30 to 40 percent less people playing then SO5. If that's not a problem then I don't know what is. We all know what will happen after the first season, nothing. Unless we work out what's best for the league going forward before we even get a season then nothing will change, if everyone is happy with statas quo then fine.

Easy - we can make the changes now and you lose Jim and Paul or we can have a season that can be used to trial a new race kit where Jim and Paul and whoever who have done a shed load of breeding can race their horses and see something for their effort before we start with a clean slate.
I think Mark's idea is a sensible middle ground solution.

Doug that would be 8 months away, and what do people do in the mean time!!! I think u either try to change direction now or u keep the same course.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:03 pm
Handicapper

NPG319 wrote:
Quote:
I may be wrong, but from my viewpoint, Doug is the only one saying "No" to ttfs in the league. While I value Dougs' opinion, is one voice enough to make such radical changes.

Didn't you read the forums for the past 18 months of SO6? Or did you chose to ignore the trainers that voiced their displeasure? Or do I have to point out that a lot of trainers thought you were fixing the races you were running so your horses won in the second to last SO6 league?

I totally resent the fact you are accusing me of cheating. I never fixed a race and I don't know how to fix a race. You and anyone else who are even suggesting can go get stuffed.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:23 pm
Group 3 winner

For me the most important is the continuation of a league. I would like to see the end of TTFs, but for me the most important is a league. The top trainers also share how they breed, so the ways to get monsters is open for everyone. There are no secrets.

But I can see that this can put off new members to the league.When I started I hadnt fully grasped the TTf method and uploaded horses from my main save. I think that is what most newcomers want.

I see that it is a difficult scenario to solve. I fully understand them who have already put in lots of work in SO7. I have just started, and are still looking for that 100% potential horse :D . But I am breeding along and will join a league regardless what the outcome will be.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:26 pm
Group 3 winner

NPG319 wrote:
Quote:
I may be wrong, but from my viewpoint, Doug is the only one saying "No" to ttfs in the league. While I value Dougs' opinion, is one voice enough to make such radical changes.

Didn't you read the forums for the past 18 months of SO6? Or did you chose to ignore the trainers that voiced their displeasure? Or do I have to point out that a lot of trainers thought you were fixing the races you were running so your horses won in the second to last SO6 league?

Doug do u have a agenda or something, well first of u are complaining about the the ttf's and want them gone, and now u want to keep them and then u say that about Jim. This type of shit the league is not just fun anymore but in trouble. I'm sick and tired of the league, do u know what I'm done with it. Goodluck newcomers u all will need it, before this week I was 50-50 about the league but people in here have their own agenda and their only wants what's best for them and not the league. Goodluck Gray with the league, u will need it.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:13 pm
Handicapper

I think there will always be discrepancies though, regardless of TTF usage. Someone who plays faster and/or more frequently and therefore can put a lot more effort into the game and the breeding will on average have a much better chance of winning their races.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:16 pm
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
NPG319 wrote:
Quote:

Doug do u have a agenda or something, well first of u are complaining about the the ttf's and want them gone, and now u want to keep them and then u say that about Jim. This type of shit the league is not just fun anymore but in trouble. I'm sick and tired of the league, do u know what I'm done with it. Goodluck newcomers u all will need it, before this week I was 50-50 about the league but people in here have their own agenda and their only wants what's best for them and not the league. Goodluck Gray with the league, u will need it.

First off John if you comprehend my posts I am not at all suggesting we keep ttf - what I am saying is instead of some trainers who have bred a lot of horses, let them run in a trial season league where Mark can fix any bugs that htere may be in the new race kit. Let's face it John you're a yoyo trainer - you always cry that's 'I'm done with it' and weeks later you're back again - and you've done that quite a few times!

Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:26 pm
Group 1 winner

Jim Murray wrote:
NPG319 wrote:
Quote:

I totally resent the fact you are accusing me of cheating. I never fixed a race and I don't know how to fix a race. You and anyone else who are even suggesting can go get stuffed.

I never accused you of cheating but quite a few other trainers did.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:29 pm
Group 1 winner

The only agenda I have is to make the league as fair and as balanced as it can possibly be.
Gray understands that but some people can't see past their own stable gates and wants to be top trainer at any cost.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:31 pm
Group 1 winner

ikem007 wrote:
I think there will always be discrepancies though, regardless of TTF usage. Someone who plays faster and/or more frequently and therefore can put a lot more effort into the game and the breeding will on average have a much better chance of winning their races.

If trainers have heaps of spare time and amass a stable full of stars - no worries, I have no problems with that at all.
But if you have to exploit files to get there - no matter the time you put into it then that is cheating and I don't care if it's out in the open and other people show other trainers how to do it - it's still cheating.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:34 pm
Group 3 winner

Doug go get lost, u not worth my time or effort. Have a good league.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:42 pm
Group 2 winner

You know! you all should be ashamed of yourselves, really! what in gods name are you all caring on about hah! now wonder the league is always been in a mess, I have been around this game since year 2001 and yes I was in the league at one stage with my wife in the all cougar's forum, and yes I left because of the cheating back then, it caused a lot of upset and it still causes a lot of upset, you people should stop fighting and start working together to make a good league not war with each other that won't create a great league going foreward, and you gray suppose to be their President so start acting like a President mate, don't just sit there and let this go on, a president does not have friends gray they Lead friend, what you say goes, they all need Authority, a leadership, so gray start working with Mark, and listening to him, and on that note guys, that's enough of all of you're fighting, if you asked me what the way forward is, I would have to say a break from the old league and a new start foreward.

My Opinion.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:56 pm
Handicapper

Tomas wrote:
You know! you all should be ashamed of yourselves, really! what in gods name are you all caring on about hah! now wonder the league is always been in a mess, I have been around this game since year 2001 and yes I was in the league at one stage with my wife in the all cougar's forum, and yes I left because of the cheating back then, it caused a lot of upset and it still causes a lot of upset, you people should stop fighting and start working together to make a good league not war with each other that won't create a great league going foreward, and you gray suppose to be their President so start acting like a President mate, don't just sit there and let this go on, a president does not have friends gray they Lead friend, what you say goes, they all need Authority, a leadership, so gray start working with Mark, and listening to him, and on that note guys, that's enough of all of you're fighting, if you asked me what the way forward is, I would have to say a break from the old league and a new start foreward.

My Opinion.

Agreed. It's quite disheartening being someone looking to join the league and seeing all the infighting. It's not really advertised and needs to be searched for in the forum, so that in itself is off putting...this just enhances it.

I do however still wish to at least attempt being part of the league so hope the more senior league members can at least come to some kind of agreement to take this forward.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:13 pm
Group 2 winner

People can dress it up however they like, but the league has ALWAYS been won by people who cheat/manipulate the system.

... now what about this two run rule! :lol:

https://www.sportsleagueladders.com/

Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:25 pm
Handicapper

Probably should point out as well that the TTF method of breeding that's being referred to as cheating for the league, is actually listed as the recommended way to breed for league newcomers in a sticky thread in the online league forum.

Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:29 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next