View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Legends In Stable 
Handicapper

Post Legends In Stable
does anyone know how to get the legends horses into your stable when you start a new game i would like to know if its possible at all please thankyou if anyone could help

Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:52 pm
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Legends In Stable
Not possible and wrong forum. Otherwise the game would be way too easy.

Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:53 am
Group 2 winner

dragontrainer wrote:
Not possible and wrong forum. Otherwise the game would be way too easy.

I don’t see why it would be too easy as long as the breeding remains blocked. I am sure there are plenty of players of this game that would love to race their favourite horses in the game. If it’s not in league mode there is no need to block the breeding, it could be in the options screen

Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:18 pm
Group 1 winner

yep things like this could be opened up now for other modes now that there is league play

Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:32 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

How easy to people want this game to be, why don't we have an option for there to be no AI trainers thereby making it certain you win any race you want? On one hand people are screaming out for realism, on the other they want to be able to take unbeatable horses and add them to their stables.

Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:50 am
Handicapper

neves_rats wrote:
How easy to people want this game to be, why don't we have an option for there to be no AI trainers thereby making it certain you win any race you want? On one hand people are screaming out for realism, on the other they want to be able to take unbeatable horses and add them to their stables.

To be fair some of the in game legends are quite shockingly poor :lol:

Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:12 am
Handicapper

Well neves, I guess people have different preferences for how they want to play the game and what's fun for them. If there was an addition of an option, as long as it wasn't in league mode, it wouldn't personally affect you.

Some people want a super deep game and are matching it to their knowledge of real life racing. Some people want an "easier" game that lets them experience owning a Legend or being able to customise the skills of a horse. I'm a new-ish player and I've only been to a racetrack once - there's just no horse-related simulation games, so I'm learning because I love horses. If there was a competitor to Starters Orders that was show-jumping or even building a riding school, I wouldn't be here.

Not to mention, this information isn't exactly easily accessible, so people can't really look it up. It's natural to consider what the possible options for playing are.

Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:45 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
yep things like this could be opened up now for other modes now that there is league play

Paul is right that now there is a seperate league mode there may be the opportunity to include some features in the main game that were not considered because of the league and the implications on breeding and maxing out too quickly.

Quote:
Some people want a super deep game and are matching it to their knowledge of real life racing. Some people want an "easier" game that lets them experience owning a Legend or being able to customise the skills of a horse.

I'm still not sure about this one because it gives a very quick route to domination but as you say if people want the option as long as it's not forced on everyone and has no implications for league play then maybe it should be in. It needs thinking about really. The first step would be to allow Legendary stallions to be available for breeding. Having these options as non default. It's worth thinking about.

Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:09 pm
Handicapper

tbh that would be a great idea mark if im right in saying for start is that you can breed the horses that would be in your stable with the legends if im understand you correctly but a very good idea for people that want to use this idea

Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:44 pm
Handicapper

Oh I was just using the current topic as an example Mark, not actually voting for it. I do support the idea of maybe being able to put the game in "debugging mode" for testing schedules, where you get a stable of horses from a variety of classes (including group races) and a variety of ages, so you can simulate progression through a season for different types of horses. But maybe it would be like league mode where if you tick the box, your save gets tagged so you can't transfer the horses?

But that's just because I've been writing a new schedule for like four months, so having to build a stable up every time is a wee bit frustrating :lol: But I'm working on a Python script to help with writing it now, so hopefully that'll be past soon.

Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:19 pm
Selling plater

Mark wrote:
Quote:

Paul is right that now there is a seperate league mode there may be the opportunity to include some features in the main game that were not considered because of the league and the implications on breeding and maxing out too quickly.

Quote:
Some people want a super deep game and are matching it to their knowledge of real life racing. Some people want an "easier" game that lets them experience owning a Legend or being able to customise the skills of a horse.

I'm still not sure about this one because it gives a very quick route to domination but as you say if people want the option as long as it's not forced on everyone and has no implications for league play then maybe it should be in. It needs thinking about really. The first step would be to allow Legendary stallions to be available for breeding. Having these options as non default. It's worth thinking about.

I believe that people can play the game how they wish as paying customers. If something with the legends can be added without affecting the way anyone else plays the game such as the league then why not add it in. It is not for anyone to tell anybody else how to play the game.

Personally i would like the option to play either with the legends or breeding with them, even if only as a quick side game away from the slog of breeding and training and buying properly in a long term save. It is a GAME afterall and should be played how that individual wants to.

Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:43 am
Handicapper

Quote:
It is a GAME afterall and should be played how that individual wants to.

I think there have been a few people forgetting this recently :lol:

If things can be implemented without impacting another person's way of play, so be it. Stuff like having game options for it, or using mods.
Slight caveat to that: If it can be done without taking development time away from important quality of life updates that keep the game playable, like schedules and AI.

Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:21 am
Selling plater

Would love to be able to breed with our created legends as well as game legends, make it happen Mark :D

Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]