View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Starters Orders 8 racecourse requests. 
Site Admin

Post Starters Orders 8 racecourse requests.
Not so much as requests for new racecourses but please report here any realism issues or other requests related to current racecourses. There are restrictions as to what can be done via the editor and with chutes etc. I know on a few courses the big screen can get in the way at the finish for example. There may be issues with horses going through rails or not coming into bends. I have fixed a couple of these but may not be aware of others to please post anything you consider relevant here.

Also I know a number of people have created their own racecourses. If these are better than the standard courses (and the creator is happy) then I'm more than happy to include them or use them as a base for further improvements. I have not done this in the past mainly because of waypoint issues. It's tricky to get the waypoints right and with SO8 having a jockey career mode this is even more important as the first person view will get used.

Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:51 am
Selling plater

Post Re: Starters Orders 8 racecourse requests.
I think the Irish tracks could really do with an upgrade. Several Irish tracks are not even in the game unless you use tracks that other people made. Several of the tracks are unlike the actual course itself. I know the data is pulled from google maps but I don't think it correctly maps the undulations of the tracks very well. There's a steep uphill climb to the finish at tracks like Clonmel and Galway and they just don't look that way in the game. Also I think all tracks should be less wide, this is possibly a scaling issue but the tracks do not need to be that wide given the scale of the horses.

Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:40 pm
Group 3 winner

The big screen is far too big and just gets in the way and serves very little, if any, point. I for one would not be sad to see this disappear completely, or, be scaled correctly and moved to a less cumbersome place.
Graphically I think all tracks could do with an upgrade, times move on, capabilities move on, to just put old courses in to a new game and expect people to pay full price for what would really amount to a large patch of DLC at best would be extracting the urine just a little, in my opinion of course.
I have faithfully bought every edition of this since Stable Masters back in the day. I now simrace in motor sport and SO is a little distraction every now and then these days, there would have to be a serious wow factor to make me part with money when SO7 would still serve the purpose otherwise.

Sun Jul 23, 2023 1:24 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
The big screen is far too big and just gets in the way and serves very little, if any, point.

Yes I have moved some of the big screens I agree it's very annoying. It may be that I missed some. I left the big screens in because they are great for jockey mode. Their positioning means that the player can glance at the screen in the closing stages and see exactly where challengers are coming from. It works really well in VR also due to the head movement. As SO8 has a jockey career mode I'm not removing them but plan to reposition any offending screens. It's easy to miss them though depending on the sub-course and the camera position relative to the field.

As for the rendering engine and new visuals etc. I think I need to address this properly. It’s just not possible for many reasons. I will post on this forum later.

Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:56 am
Group 2 winner

The worst part about any racecourse in he game is the crowd. It may not seem very important but they just look plain silly at times. White vested blue jeaned thugs are not commonplace on racecourses these days. It is the first negative comment most people make if I show them the game. It would be good if that could be given a complete overhaul.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:08 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Quote:
The worst part about any racecourse in he game is the crowd.

The crowd is very low poly. They need to be because of the size of some crowds and the impact on lower spec machines. The models will be the same but I did change some of the textures and the white vest character is gone along with some other texture changes.

Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:47 am
Group 2 winner

Would you be doing something about the jockeys sitting wide?
even when you give instructions to be on the fence, they jump at the beginning of the race and the site, 5 & 6 wide mark.

Wed Aug 09, 2023 11:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]