View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Ideas for Improvement 
Selling plater

Post Ideas for Improvement
Poss improvements I'd like to see in SO7

Race pace. Challenge early jockey instruction is too overpowered because races are run at such a slow tempo and horses are crossing the line with plenty left to give. Using a race pacemaker is a workaround to get the best from both your horse(s) and the opposition, but challenging early is a great way to tap into the reserves and essentially nick a race. If it would be possible to tweak the game to make races run faster this would give a much better user experience.

Trainer silks. On a nonowner game, it is currently only possible to assign one set of silks to a trainer. I would love the option to assign more silks to trainers to add a little visual variety to races.

Middle distance horses all starting out as sprinters. 2yo campaigns have become somewhat irrelevant due to this. It is quite often the case that a horse gets further as it matures in the real world, but this is drastically overdone in-game, to the point it borders on being idiotic. This is perhaps the biggest tweak required.

Unless I just don't get how it works, I don't seem to be able to get others barns to use my sires?

Buying 1yos. The hammer generally always goes down at either 300k or 500k, and every time no matter how good or bad they are, they will sell on for 1mill and over as 2yos. If this was realistic every horse owner on Earth would be multi-millionaires. This is an in-game money hack that has been presented to users instead of discouraged.

Auctions in general - far too predictable, there seems to be a ceiling figure they reach and go no further. To add some fun to auctions there should be a much higher cap to what horses can go for, and end amounts should be much more random.

Racecourse spectators (brought this up elsewhere - ignored). It has no impact on gameplay but visually ridiculous to the point it takes your eyes off the race. You have large groups of the crowd all doing the same actions simultaneously, and in some cases have crowds facing the wrong way. Overall I've been disappointed with the fact that absolutely no attention at all was given to racetracks from SO6 to SO7.

I'd like to be able to give trainers power ratings. It's great to have all the trainers in the game but I draw the line when I see All-weather trainers (and their silks) crossing the line in 1st place in the Derby. There should be a power scale from 1 to 5 or something, 1 being your All-weather 0-70 trainers, and 5 being your John Gosdens. This would dramatically improve the game.

There should be more to play for - rewards and achievements. It's a shame these were no improved from SO6 to S07.

To end, this is an easy one for you. Please please please take out commentator coughing!! Unless corona has spread to the SO7 world, this is nothing other than annoying.

Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:23 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Ideas for Improvement
I think theres some good points here, particularly about assigning trainers more than one silk. I currently have trainers listed multiple times with different silks each time, this means you can have trainers with horses running in different silks, but of course messes with the trainers table.

I also think the power rating to trainers is a great idea! It would ge great to have a way of differentiating between trainers in terms of quality of horse and also number of horses

I'd also add another graphics element that would be good, the ability to have more horse skins, and also to be able to have different coloured bridles, reigns etc. And if these could be affiliated with the silks instead of the horse skin that would he better as it would allow owners to run their horses in their own blinkers and bridle colours. Also, blinkers and other headgear should be a lot better, they don't look at all noticeable as what they are supposed to be on the game at the moment. And they could be more widespread in the game too with more horses wearing some form of headgear.
As opposed to some other asks, this seems like it would be fairly easy to implement and would add a lot to the visual aspect of the game I think, especially with international horses who tend to have more variation in the colouring of headgear and bridles.

Thanks

Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:45 am
Group 2 winner

Agree about a few things there. I have several horses who are 5f horses but end up running over a mile which is so unrealistic.

As for your sires, i was told you've got to start them off a bargain low price and they start to get used then you increase it each season.

Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:53 am
Group 1 winner

npdoughty88 wrote:
Middle distance horses all starting out as sprinters. 2yo campaigns have become somewhat irrelevant due to this. It is quite often the case that a horse gets further as it matures in the real world, but this is drastically overdone in-game, to the point it borders on being idiotic. This is perhaps the biggest tweak required.

This is the biggest one for me. I really wish there was a way for the AI to hold more horses back until their 3yo season, and for 2yo to run less frequently.

This is very much a generalisation, but something along these lines could work well in the game, for horses that are ultimately bred to get certain distances:

Sprinters - start during 2yo season
Milers - 90% start in 2yo season; 10% (late developers) start in 3yo season
Middle Distance - 70% start in 2yo season (7f+ races), 30% (late developers) start in 3yo season
Stayers - 20% start in 2yo season (1m+ races), 80% start in 3yo season

This would obviously mean fewer horses running during their 2yo season, and ideally those horses should be running less frequently, so the number of 2yo maiden and novice races could be reduced accordingly.

Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:43 am
Group 1 winner

I agree, it does seem to be the case in general that the best horses run earlier at 2. I think more horses should be held back to run later in the year as 2 year olds.

Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:31 pm
Group 1 winner

Does the amount of foreign trainers have to be limited to 20? It seems that with the larger number now possible in the home locality, as well as a larger horse pool and larger foreign horse pool allocation this number could really be upped, perhaps 100 or even the same as the home locality would be better for the number of horses the foreign localities can now have.

Tue May 05, 2020 1:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]