View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Claiming Feature Races Are Considered Listed Races 
Group 1 winner

Post Claiming Feature Races Are Considered Listed Races
Hey Mark,

Found an odd bug on my end with races that have the <RACECATAG> of Claimer - the game is treating them as if they are Listed Races.

All other types are fine but claimers are now listed and being treated as such.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:54 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Claiming Feature Races Are Considered Listed Races
I think Mark changed it a couple of years ago so that you can no longer create Claimers and Sellers as feature races, and it now automatically converts them to Listed races. This is because some League players were creating schedules full of these races to ensure that they could pick up all of the best horses in the game.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:14 am
Group 1 winner

That is very disappointing and wish was written in the manual, which clearly states that Claimers and Sellers are possible.

I’d prefer if this was changed back. The game shouldn’t be written to make it impossible to create claimers and sellers just because someone who plays the league exploits the game. There are countless people who don’t participate in the league that now have lesser capabilities because of it. The league shouldn’t dictate how the game is set up.

At the very least give players the option to be able to create sellers and claimers. Otherwise now I need to go redo 5 years of modding work to fix every instance of a claimer or seller in my schedules.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:03 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

mjtags11 wrote:
I’d prefer if this was changed back. The game shouldn’t be written to make it impossible to create claimers and sellers just because someone who plays the league exploits the game. There are countless people who don’t participate in the league that now have lesser capabilities because of it. The league shouldn’t dictate how the game is set up.

I agree. The vast majority of people who are playing this game are not taking part in the league, and even amongst league players I think it was only one or two that had been using this particular cheat. So, it's unfortunate that it resulted in features being removed for other players.

Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:15 pm
Handicapper

hi Mj is there a fix in the racecourse Naas, there is no railings and in a hurdle race they jump the second or third last and turn around and jump it again and then turn around. have said it before but no response.

cheers

Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:50 pm
Group 1 winner

jockeyryan321 wrote:
hi Mj is there a fix in the racecourse Naas, there is no railings and in a hurdle race they jump the second or third last and turn around and jump it again and then turn around. have said it before but no response.

cheers

I'll double check that one and get back to you. Probably just needs to reexported on the editor.

Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:42 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

mjtags11 wrote:
jockeyryan321 wrote:

cheers

I'll double check that one and get back to you. Probably just needs to reexported on the editor.

thank you

Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]