View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Too strong pool of Fillies 
Selling plater

Post Too strong pool of Fillies
I'm pretty new to this game but got one troubled issue.
Over several seasons in default mode I still think I see too many fillies entering the Kentucky Derby, and not even entering but dominating it.
I started to create my own US schedule with some 2nd nations. I test between 12000-20000 horses with anything from 15-50% on the 2nd nations.
It gives mostly about 200-500 horses to the 2nd nations each.

The biggest concern is having the prestige UAE Derby as a prep for Kentucky Derby (which it should be). Every pool from Dubai is very very strong and almost constant even on 3y old between colt and fillies, so then the fillies dominate UAE Derby and then comes over and often crush the US horses at Churchill.

It's not that fun to see 2-3 horses from Dubai almost always in the top 5 in this Kentucky Derby. I think it might be a bit unreal.
Still I tried the most obvious solution with omitting UAE Derby from being a prep, but it kind of desperate solution.

Bottom line, since even the US fillies are very strong I would hope to see perhaps something is done. Perhaps condition, strength or perhaps a factor that when they race vs colts they get a slight disadvantage as I think it's the fact.
Few fillies have raced in the Derby and only a couple won it.

I got this list to show that it would be a slight advantage to somehow diminish the fillies

https://www.kentuckyderby.com/uploads/w ... _2017_.pdf

Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]