View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Improvements to Owner Mode 
Group 1 winner

Post Improvements to Owner Mode
Another post with ideas, sorry if I'm annoying with these, I just would love to see the game keep improving. These improvements are for the owner mode, which has so much potential but has seen no improvements since it was introduced. Its the part of the game that could really bring the realism of training horses to the game, by having to attract, impress and maintain associations with owners and jockeys, build your stable from a small stable into a top one.

Here are the improvements I think could transform this mode, I have mentioned some in other posts, but thought a separate post here might be useful.

- Trainer / Owner associations, so owners tend to stick to the same trainers with their horses. I think this should work in the same way we can give retained jockeys to trainers to the data file.

- Trainer and Owner quality and size parameter, perhaps a number that can be added to the data file, indicating the size (number of horses) and wealth (and therefore quality of horses) an owner and trainer has, this would allow for the differentiation of top trainers and owners and smaller ones, something the game lacks at the moment.

- Owners to keep horses with you when they are happy and to keep supplying you with new horses when they get them. This way you can be guaranteed new horses from owners you already have associations with at the beginning of each new season.

- Perhaps an option at the start of the game to set your stable size and quality, maybe in a similar way to the parameter idea above, for example if 10 is the biggest/wealthiest and therefore the top stables, and 1 is the smallest stables with the lowest grade of horses, then an option when beginning a new game as to which figure you would like your stable to start as would be great. This way you could have the choice of beginning at the very bottom and having to really work your way up from having the lowest grade of horses from the smallest owners, or you could choose to have a higher figure and begin your career with support from some big owners as many trainers do in real life, making the path to winning big races that much faster and easier.

- On the above point, when starting at a low figure it should of course be far harder to get offers from big owners, if ever. At the moment it is very random and the only offers you get after open days are from big trainers, wanting to give you lots of horses even if you have done nothing to deserve such offers. When starting small you should only get offers from small trainers to begin with.

- The ability as a trainer to still buy horses to be able to own them yourselves as many trainers also own some horses that they train, and then perhaps the ability to be able to sell these horses to owners you already have associations with.

I think this would really bring the career element to the game, making it on par with other sports management games like Football Manager where the enjoyment of the game is really in the career mode.

I can't see why any of these ideas would be difficult to implement giving many of the features that already exist in the game, given that these ideas are just variations on already existing features mostly. And I think they would no doubt improve the game massively, and open it up more to audiences looking for a career challenge similar to other sports games.

Thanks

Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:18 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Improvements to Owner Mode
Mark are any of these things likely to happen? Or is there anyway we can try editing the game ourselves to add such things?

Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:49 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: Improvements to Owner Mode
i agree. i've never understood why owner mode hasn't been developed. it would add so much to the single player game and give it real purpose. i really hope mark gives this attention

Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]