View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Starters Orders 7 Easy mode feedback required. 
Site Admin

Post Starters Orders 7 Easy mode feedback required.
As of today's patch 1.034 there have been more modifications to the breeding algorithms in non league easy mode. I know some new players to the series and those who want the game to be less challenging have issues with the difficulty in SO7. This is related to the fact that all game horses are now bred from current stallions and mares currently in the game. This was not true for SO6 where only the player horses were bred from the players horses. Game horses were recycled and generated every season. This resulted in a fairly flat difficulty curve for the player meaning that by breeding the player could quickly outpace the game horses in terms of quality.

The intention with easy mode is to skew the level playing field caused by the realistic breeding model towards the player slightly. This need to be done slowly and with the benefit of regular feedback.

Note that you do not need to start a new game for these changes to work. The new algorithms will be utilised at the point of birth. Currently I am not sure of the effect on long term game play. The intention is to not have a significant impact but a subtly one that should help ease difficulty as generations go by.

Please leave feedback on this thread. As this thread will be used for gathering feedback please keep posts simple and avoid repeat posting.

Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:10 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: Starters Orders 7 Easy mode feedback required.
Mark wrote:
As of today's patch 1.034...

it shows as 1.033(kj) for me
-steam version, fresh install no mods

Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:50 pm
Selling plater

How about making a horse editor to edit player horses. Non league of course. Am willing to pay 50 Bucks for such a program. This game is still too hard even with easier.

Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:59 pm
Handicapper

I have played over 500 hours since these changes were made, completing more than half a dozen seasons in that time in a very detailed save - and I can see no difference at all. In fact, though my horse breeding results have improved, the standard of the top AI flat racers is relentless. When clicking on big money winners to make note of their breeding, a huge number of them have sires no longer in the game. Why would the sire of a really good AI 2yo or 3yo be gone from the game so soon ? It just means the player can't tap into that same bloodline. Ok for hard level perhaps but this is meant to be EASY mode. As for breeding NH goodies - almost impossible. So few of the AI stud stallions seem to have any good NH prodigy, and when you use those that do they invariably throw up poor horses.

You may wish to take another look at the changes you made. As I have said before I can't see how SO7 in easy mode is playable/interesting for newcomers and this must have a rippling effect on sales, and long term conversion to league racing. I don't personally want it easy peasy, but after 2500 hours and twenty five seasons, getting beat up by the AI year after year is starting to get a tad irritating, even for me.

Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:07 pm
Handicapper

I have to agree with last post, I have been playing my last save for many seasons and I am finding to much random inconsistency in the breeding. We don’t want easy mode to be too easy, it’s a fine balance but even in the real world when you are lucky enough to get a good sire and can breed with the best broodmares your numbers come up more regularly.but with the game at the moment it is not working and is frustrating the hell out of me.also slightly of subject but the jockey ai still needs looks at , it’s not realistic having jockeys going 5 or 6wide and also keeps up pace , they just wouldn’t attempt it.

Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:09 pm
Handicapper

I’m worried for the game. There has been little feedback on this subject and no indication if there is going to be any further changes to improve the gameplay. I’ve enjoyed the game for several years now but am really struggling with it at the moment and would appreciate a response to whether improvements are going to be made or not.

Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:22 pm
Selling plater

See Other Horses That Are Not In Your Yard Etc It Would Be Amazing To See Other Horses Stats E.G.
POTT
FIT
COND
SPEED
STAM
ACCEL
JUMP
START
IT Would Be Amazing To See How Good Other Horses Are That You Are Running Against, Maybe It Will Be A Little Easier Knowing Whos Really Good Horse ETC, Instead Of Only Seeing How Many Races They Have Ran In, And What Positions They Have Finished.

Mon May 31, 2021 7:54 pm
Selling plater

I agree with everything everyone is posting here. I never play online and I have no desire to do so. I am a casual player who really enjoyed Starters orders 6 but after all of my frustration with starters orders 7 I just went back to six. One thing in 7 that would make everything more playable would be as Dale said, allowing you to see the stats of horses you don't own. In real life there are plenty of ways to know what kind of horse you are buying at auction, especially competing horses because you can go to the track and watch work outs etc. It would be nice to know some basic stats on a horse before you buy it other than just its racing record. I want to know what I am breeding to and what I am buying if I am to play a much harder game then the last version especially since we can no longer breed to any outside mares.

Fri May 06, 2022 12:11 am
Handicapper

Nice idea.

Unfortunately in SO7 (can't speak for SO6 as I didn't play it), the AI horses play to a different set of rules to the players horses. Hence AI horses running 88 races in six seasons, your poor horses suddenly winning once in AI ownership, best AI breeding stallions delivering poor foals every time you use them etc etc. So whilst seeing the stats of AI horses would be interesting and make the game more absorbing , I don't think it would help very much at all in terms of making progress within the game.

I now have a very high level of success (after many seasons trying), but it took a long time for me to understand the fact that 'AI play' and 'my play' were not actually the same thing. Once that penny dropped and I simply concentrated on slowly improving the standard of my own horses, I actually starting enjoying the game more. The specific methods I eventually settled on have really worked for me, but are probably not suitable for a casual player who does not have the time nor intention of playing a slow and pragmatic game.

I would love the AI horse stats to be relevant but after playing SO7 for two and a half years, I don't think they are.

Sat May 07, 2022 10:39 pm
Selling plater

The AI horses in SO7 unfortunately follow a different set of rules than the players' horses (I can't say for SO6 because I didn't play it). Thus, AI horses winning 88 races in six seasons, your underperforming horses winning once when owned by AI, the top AI breeding stallions consistently producing underperforming offspring, etc. Therefore, while seeing the stats of AI horses would be intriguing and add to the game's intrigue, I don't believe it would be very helpful in terms of moving forward.

skibidi toilet

Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]