View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Absolute v's Realised Potential 
Handicapper

Post Absolute v's Realised Potential
The examples below are from my flat save. My expectations are for my flat horses to maximise their realised potential as 3yo or as 4yo. When they reach 5yo their realised potential starts to drop in my save.

What I would like to see is a very small tweak to the realised potential. Both examples below are of yearlings.

The first horse will never go on to realise his full potential but the second horse will probably do so as a 4yo.

On average I breed about 5 of the first horse every season and they go on to be good handicappers but if I am lucky only one of the second horse every 3 seasons. I am not looking for Frankels every season but would like to see the realised potential tweaked by about 5% so instead of breeding one of the second horse very 3 seasons, I would settle for one a season.

Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:10 am
Selling plater

Post Re: Absolute v's Realised Potential
I can agree with that. Honestly anything with a huge discrepancy between the two I just dump them. I find it's just a waste of time dealing with them, and the amount of racing out takes is hard to achieve if you don't have a modded schedule.

Heck I even had one stallion who kept waffling between distances, and as a 6yo his potential bar jumped up again when he was very close to "fully realizing" it after I tossed him in a random g1 race out of frustration. I gave up after that.

Even my 80-90% potentials still run like donkeys.

Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]