View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 S08 Requests/Suggestions 
Handicapper

Post S08 Requests/Suggestions
Owner Mode
In addition to the existing modes, there would be an owner only mode. The owner would purchase horses and send them to AI trainers. The owner would be able to give the AI trainer races to target throughout the season, and switch trainers if he was not happy with results.

Breeding Queue
The ability to assign a stallion to multiple mares in a queue. Once the first mare is pregnant, the stallion moves on to the next mare in the breeding queue. This saves having to go to the breeding barn every week. This shouldn't be too difficult as there is already a queue in place when multiple AI trainers request to breed with your stallions.

Saudi Cup/Pegasus World Cup
I would like to see these two race days added to the game.

Horse Portraits
An increased selection of horse portrait photos.

Horse Colours
Increased selection of horse colourings, including more grey variations

Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:13 pm
Selling plater

Post Re: S08 Requests/Suggestions
All of the above and also:

- more variations/options with the jockey colours. I don't know if anyone here played "Horse Racing Manager" ages ago, but there you had a solid selections of different markings, seperate for the body of the dress, the cap and the sleeves and a palette of colours for each part of the dress. The only rule was (if I remember correctly) that you could only choose up to three different colours for your dress.

- As Dhughes has said: More horse coat colour options. I personally would like more different browns, greys and chestnut colours, as well as more markings on the horses.

- The option to multi select. Multi select breeding requests, horses to sale, horses to breed.

Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:04 pm
Group 3 winner

Can we please, at last, have a game schedule that offers opportunities for all horses. It should not be down to the modding community to provide a schedule that is fit for the game. Once you get a decent or large size stable you start running out of races in which to enter your horses. The stock schedule has long been in need of major surgery.

Can we have AI stables that better reflect racing as a whole. Powerhouse stables that have 100-200 horses then down to the smaller yards, but a much better spread please.

Is it possible, instead of having one colour that all your horses run in, that owners have colours, and, you train for owners so a horses' colours will depend upon its owner, not its trainer

Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:58 pm
Handicapper

Could do with a search box in the race construction kit, so you search for a horse rather than scroll down through the list.

Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:57 pm
Handicapper

in the "view and manage exported horses" screen, if you click to delete a horse, there should be a box which says "are you sure you want to delete the horse, yes or no?"

Sun Jul 02, 2023 9:38 pm
Selling plater

A planner (for a full season) would be great. Perhaps even some generic plans for races to enter for horses wanting to attain a certain standard.

I find choosing each individual race annoyingly grindy, especially when I have large numbers of horses.

Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:10 pm
Handicapper

Ability for more G1 races overseas to send your best horses to compete against others from around the world

Jumps and flat

Should be the pinnacle of a trainer to win this massive G1 races overseas, be good to get access playing in the UK to send horses to China/US/Dubai etc

Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:39 pm
Group 1 winner

please remove or update jockey feedback "this horse is a star" after scraping home in a 0-80 hcapp off 7st 10lb or this distance was ideal never had pace to get into the race please sort it

Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:25 pm
Handicapper

Please add an option so you can select a jockey from a different country to ride your horses? I’m not so sure what it hasn’t being implemented already? As it would be so much more realistic. (Example Ryan Moore coming over to ride for O Briens horses in maidens etc.)

Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:35 pm
Selling plater

Please Please Please Mark...

Address the glaring deficiencies of the current racing schedule. Whilst the ability to greatly increase the yard capacity now exists there is no reasonable fit for purpose race schedule to accommodate for this. I usually have a yard of around 150 horses once I'm into the game breeding ,perhaps more but try to stick to around this number, selling any surplus horses.

I consistently end up at certain times in the season having to enter 2/3 horses in the same mdn/nvc races just to get a run and for some at some distances there are very slim pickings. Also handicappers at certain distances/class/ages just run out of race choices to be entered in through the season again meaning a lack of races for some and others having to be raced in the same races as other stablemates.

A max of 3 meetings per day of 8 races is just not enough for any sort of string size akin to my example to have reasonable options to make entries that I wish for.4 meetings of 8 races per day would be at least some improvement, 5-6 for me is what's actually needed and would make a real difference in terms of realism and game enjoyment for me to want to play this game again. Unfortunately this one issue is that big a deal for me it has meant I stopped playing SO7 through frustration and will certainly not be purchasing any future versions unless this issue is resolved I have followed the game since SO5 and seen great changes and improvements in other areas but for dome reason I find completely hard to fathom, the racing schedule, the very heart of the game, has had no surgery whatsoever.

I started to make my own schedule for SO6 but soon realized the restriction of only 24 possible races per day was the stumbling block to being able to build what I wanted and what I felt was fit for purpose. I've never seen a response to any of these schedule queries from Mark or anyone else on here that gives a reason why it cannot be increased to more races per day and why it's been consistently ignored as other areas of the game have outgrown it.

Even having the basic schedule as it stands and allowing for players to increase it if they so desire with an editor to have more meetings and races each day would be ok, I don't mind putting the work in personally. This for me is my only request for SO8 which is the difference between me buying and not doing so.

I wish Mark and everyone playing well for the future.

Cheers
Paul

Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:31 am
Selling plater

Dhughes wrote:
Owner Mode
In addition to the existing modes, there would be an owner only mode. The owner would purchase horses and send them to AI trainers. The owner would be able to give the AI trainer races to target throughout the season, and switch trainers if he was not happy with results.

Breeding Queue
The ability to assign a stallion to multiple mares in a queue. Once the first mare is pregnant, the stallion moves on to the next mare in the breeding queue. This saves having to go to the breeding barn every week. This shouldn't be too difficult as there is already a queue in place when multiple AI trainers request to breed with your stallions.

Saudi Cup/Pegasus World Cup
I would like to see these two race days added to the game.

Horse Portraits
An increased selection of horse portrait photos.

Horse Colours
Increased selection of horse colourings, including more grey variations

Definitely need a breeding queue and I'd love for horses to have more detailed colors/markings. For example gray could be solid, dappled, or fleabitten, bays could be dark bay, blood bay, bay; markings could be star, blaze, whiteface, socks, etc. (not all listed in the color section I don't need a full wall of text describing every sock and star, but displayed on the model during racing would be nice) and maybe make the horse portrait a photo of their most 'impressive' victory (so the photo would be a screenshot)

Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:00 pm
Handicapper

Bulk sell.
Sell a multitude of horses in one go, just like the bulk export horses to the ck. (alt + click)
Such a chore having to sell 200+ 2yo’s one by one.

Also a bulk delete horses in the construction kit.

When you have thousands of horse’s accumulated in the ck, it lags very slowly when you delete horses one by one.

Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:46 pm
Handicapper

Would be great if there were multiple schedules running in the same game eg Uk, USA, France, Japan etc

Huge game pools to work with.

Probably a huge task to program, but todays computers can handle it no problem. Something like Football manager, with many different national leagues running simultaneously.

Obviously depending on the spec of ones computer.

Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:50 pm
Selling plater

Ability to create notes on horses from any screen.

Ability to edit/change breeding distance figure on horse info screen for owned horses so player's best estimate of horse's distance shows up rather than the AI's.

Ability to make shortlists

Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:58 am
Group 3 winner

Mark, can we have the chase fences from Auteuil used on the UK NH Chase courses, they're so much nicer than the ones used currently on the majority of courses.

Thanks

Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next