View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 UK/IRELAND/FRANCE Flat Schedule 
Group 1 winner

Post UK/IRELAND/FRANCE Flat Schedule
I have made a flat schedule with only races from the UK, Ireland and Europe. It includes every group race and listed race from each country, and has a lot, and I mean a lot of other races, with plenty of novice and maiden races for 2 year olds and 3 year olds, as well as lots of opportunities for horses of all levels at all distances.

The schedule is the most realistic in terms of having realistic fields in the feature races, and for horses having realistic campaigns. The schedule is heavily prepped to get this realism and I think its a schedule that could be suitable for anyone, but mostly those who like to play the game in a realistic way.

The schedule only has races from the UK, Ireland and France as it has taken a very long time, and to add the other nationalities would take a very long time, and probably cause changes to how the current schedule runs as there would be changes to the horse pool sizes from the current countries. But depending on if this schedule is popular I may make a worldwide schedule with races from lots of other countries.

The Irish and French races include lots of maidens and lower level races so that horses from these countries have full and realistic form too.

Hopefully people will enjoy this schedule, if you are happy to play with races from just the 3 nationalities, then I think it is a schedule unlike any there has ever been on any starters orders version.

Instructions

Download zip. Extract to place of your choosing
Inside the zip are two folders - qwsaMod and qwsaSCMod. Copy and paste these folders to ~Program Files(x86)>Starters Orders 7>mods
There are also two files - "sched_f_qwsa.db" and "sched_f_qwsaSC.db". Copy and paste these two to ~ Documents>StartersOrders7>exports>schedules>1

You must start a new game for these to work. When starting choose the mod you want from the "available user mods" dropdown list. Then choose the corresponding schedule on the next screen from the custom schedules list. The schedule is pretty big so it takes the game a long time to create the schedule at the beginning. Don't lose faith. It will(should) eventually get to your stables screen.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vze3xg92 ... s.zip/file

Sirius added some mods to this and made it easier to download so credit and thanks to him too!

qwsa

Last edited by qwsa on Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:36 pm
Group 2 winner

Post Re: UK/IRELAND/FRANCE Flat Schedule
Joey, you have given your "mediafire" account details, you need to take the address of and just give the address of what the schedule address is.

That's the address you should be showing, below

http://www.mediafire.com/file/utk5l0qfy ... f_.db/file

Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:06 am
Group 1 winner

Thanks Tomas, I've changed it. Let me know if you have any problems getting the schedule working.

I should also have given credit to others who did a lot of modding, particularly the start it mod from, which I downloaded and then added substantially to, but without these mods it would have been a lot more difficult and taken a lot longer.

Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:07 am
Selling plater

So there is no Breeders Cup or Dubai World Cup in this schedule?

Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:59 pm
Group 1 winner

There isn't, the reason is I didn't want to include the breeders cup without having a full american calendar, because otherwise the american horses running in the breeders cup would have no form. Similarly with the dubai world cup, I didn't want to include it without having horses from all of the countries that we usually see in the dubai world cup festival, such as america, hong kong, japen...

This just has the UK, Ireland and France. I will work on a worldwide schedule. I put this one up because i genuinely think its the most realistic the game has ever been in terms of the fields in the UK races and uploaded it because there were some members here who had been raising issues with the game, such as unrealistic fields, horses running too often and not enough opportunities for certain horses that this schedule really addresses and solves these issues.

Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:18 pm
Selling plater

qwsa wrote:
There isn't, the reason is I didn't want to include the breeders cup without having a full american calendar, because otherwise the american horses running in the breeders cup would have no form. Similarly with the dubai world cup, I didn't want to include it without having horses from all of the countries that we usually see in the dubai world cup festival, such as america, hong kong, japen...

This just has the UK, Ireland and France. I will work on a worldwide schedule. I put this one up because i genuinely think its the most realistic the game has ever been in terms of the fields in the UK races and uploaded it because there were some members here who had been raising issues with the game, such as unrealistic fields, horses running too often and not enough opportunities for certain horses that this schedule really addresses and solves these issues.

Thanks for the info. Really looking forward to using your schedule once you get the international races in. Can't you use the US schedule from the StartIt mod to make things easier .... and quicker? :D

Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:31 am
Group 1 winner

I could, but I think it would still need some editing to get it working with the schedule. Another barrier to having a worldwide schedule is that there can only be 3 meetings per day. It would be hugely helpful to have more than this.

Have you downloaded the schedule as it is now?

Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:41 am
Selling plater

This schedule is brilliant qwsa, really enjoying the extra opportunities that this affords the lower horses.
I understand the lack of breeders cup and dubai world cup but from a personal view, too often the trainers championshipp was won in march when i won the dubai world cup. Now its a real slog to win the title if at all possible.

Thanks again

Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:03 pm
Group 1 winner

Thanks wharrigan, how are you finding the fields in the big races? Are they looking like realistic fields?

I'm working on an updated version that I think will have even more races and improve the fields and the progression horses have some more.

I want to make an international version but by having so many uk races, theres not a lot of space left for too many international meetings with only 3 meetings per day as the limit, but hopefully it will come at some point.

Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:35 am
Selling plater

qwsa wrote:
Thanks wharrigan, how are you finding the fields in the big races? Are they looking like realistic fields?

I'm working on an updated version that I think will have even more races and improve the fields and the progression horses have some more.

I want to make an international version but by having so many uk races, theres not a lot of space left for too many international meetings with only 3 meetings per day as the limit, but hopefully it will come at some point.

There are some small fields in amongst the season but you could argue that as realistic, doncaster has had some small turnouts in their meetings this year. For the big races i think they have been realistic with the best of the english runners and irish turning out but i havent got far through a season yet as updates are changing my games at the moment. Looks real good from the bits that i have played and most importantly a massive upgrade on the original schedule

Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:51 pm
Selling plater

qwsa wrote:
I could, but I think it would still need some editing to get it working with the schedule. Another barrier to having a worldwide schedule is that there can only be 3 meetings per day. It would be hugely helpful to have more than this.

Have you downloaded the schedule as it is now?

No because I'm mainly interested in having all the big races and meetings, although I get the appeal of your mod, it's just not what I'm looking for. I tried the StartIt mod and the schedule is cool but the graphics additions really effect my fps so I don't use it any more. I'm looking for an international UK based schedule with no graphics changes but I can't seem to find one for SO7.

Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:07 am
Selling plater

hank you so much qwsa!

Your schedule was already the best in SO6.

i really hope you find time to add most important group 1 races from the US, that would be perfect.

thank you

Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:57 am
Group 1 winner

I'll get round to it. The difficulty is in having space to add them as many days already have 3 meetings, and international races will probably have to be added on weekdays which is a little unrealistic.

Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:36 am
Selling plater

How is the longevity of this? Can you go 30? 60? 100 season? without the ability to save game diminishing as it did with most user-made/large schedules on so6.

Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:13 pm
Group 1 winner

I haven't tested it that far. Actually I wasn't aware of a problem in saving the game in SO6, was it that the game wouldn't let you save after a certain number of seasons?

Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next