View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 League Posts Required 
Group 1 winner

Post League Posts Required
With the first SO7 League around the corner it's time to get the Volunteer's Required I have not Filled in the Spreadsheet I know some have said count me in but that was a few months ago be your sure you going to do what you volunteer for once the required fields are filled I can make arrangements to start the online League so post your reply on this thread with what you want to do remember some jobs are a must if we to have a league also you must have Dropbox to be able to Race Run, Commentate and Handicap Horse Files the handicapper will also have to be given permission to alter horse ratings on Tom the Website and the Horse Files kept in Dropbox after the weeks racing these must be done by every Thursday night so I can upload the updated horse files with new ratings ready for Fridays Races to be Downloaded after 5pm declarations.

Gray

Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: League Posts Required
You mention Friday are we going back to the old weekend run time? If so I cannot race run this season. If we stay with what we changed to so cut off sunday racing running monday/tues you can assign one of the race running slots to me.

Josh

Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:13 am
Group 3 winner

Githyanki wrote:
You mention Friday are we going back to the old weekend run time? If so I cannot race run this season. If we stay with what we changed to so cut off sunday racing running monday/tues you can assign one of the race running slots to me.

Josh

Same here.

My old Dropbox is no longer so i will need to get a new one, and in the next month or so my internet is due to be upgraded which should help, but might cause a week or so of down time.
So i am willing to run races in the new season and knowing a start date asap would be a big help.

Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:05 am
Group 3 winner

Githyanki wrote:

Josh

I'm the same, I could only run races like last season becuase i'm up my girls a lot on weekends.

Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:07 am
Group 1 winner

I don't remember posting going back to the old system it might be I copied a edited post and not realise the old Races times was on it Race days will remain Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday's like last season so the races should be available Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday for at least for Wednesday Races and Tuesday For at least Thursday Races but runners will have to let me know and Download Racecourses they don't have it's easy and simple go through the schedule tell me what race courses you don't have except the Hunter Chase courses I don't expect you to have them but you might be missing some Irish Courses.

Gray

P.S Also you will need to have the updated Jockey online league Trainers Silks installed as I have two new Trainers silks that have been added since last season.

Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:33 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

My slot for running races will be Monday morning typically, I was mostly getting day 2 and day 3 races last season which will suit. If you put a folder in drop box of all the courses and silks you have and let me know where it is I’ll just replace my game files.

Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:42 am
Group 1 winner

Jango wrote:
Githyanki wrote:

Josh

Same here.

My old Dropbox is no longer so i will need to get a new one, and in the next month or so my internet is due to be upgraded which should help, but might cause a week or so of down time.
So i am willing to run races in the new season and knowing a start date asap would be a big help.

Back end of February will most likely be starting but that if I have the Number of Volunteers in Place Steve.

Gray

Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:46 am
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

I can be a race runner again.

Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:54 pm
Group 1 winner

Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:10 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 2 winner

I am happy to continue in the commentary box if wanted

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:57 pm
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

[quote="Lordedaw"]I am happy to continue in the commentary box if wanted[/quote

defo martin

Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:17 pm
Group 1 winner

Would it be worth posting on the general forum to see if there are any budding handicapper amongst the non league players? We always struggle to fill those spots.

Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:27 pm
Group 3 winner

I know handicappers get a lot of grief and it is hard to handicap horses that league trainers believe are the best horses. It`s probably the worst job in the league as in the real world of racing. That said if someone else is up for it I could help handicap the flat races but would not be comfortable doing it on my own at least to begin with (maybe I can get an apprenticeship). It is much harder given the way the races run in SO7, jockeys hold horses more than in previous versions and a wide margin winning horse is often held to make a challenge, more like real life.
So I put myself tentatively forward.

Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:52 am
Group 1 winner

Thanks to Dragon for your offer so I need someone to handicap the flat who has a idea how to Handicap the first two weeks of the league are the most important two as this will dictate the ability of trainers horses and the Rating is everything example a Horse that wins a Maiden in week 1 will be Group Class so you must at least look at 110 as a rating for the winner but if its wins by Many length's you looking Higher Sirius IMO did a fantastic job and we need someone with that kind of Knowledge who could train up someone like Dragon trainer.

Unless we can get someone we can't even look at starting a online League so we need someone to step forward we are now looking at March if we lucky we can go without Commentator's or just have some coms if we have to but a handicapper or 2 with the Jumps is a must as I said I can do the Jumps if need be.

Gray

Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:41 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

Rating is everything example a Horse that wins a Maiden in week 1 will be Group Class so you must at least look at 110 as a rating

That is what I was looking for. I have only hcp'd for my own benefit before irl and 120 is g1. 115 is g2 etc.. I placed novices/maidens at 90 so I would be underestimating for the league by around 20lbs.

No probs will try my best. Reckon I can do this just needed a benchmark.

My credentials are slim, used to run my own race rating site many years ago, was a non profit site which says a lot hehe but a non loss site too.

If we struggle for a NH handicapper I will stand for that too with a little help if needed.

Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next