View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 102  Next
 Start It SO7 Mod 5.1.5 (Worldwide Mod) 
Selling plater

Post Re: Start It SO7 Mod 5.0.1 (Beta Testing)
mjtags11 wrote:
Greymantle wrote:
"NOTE: To use courses correctly, delete original track folder (i.e. 2_Belmont Park) and replace with the one in the download."

For beta 5 do you need to do this? If yes, not sure what your asking here. Maybe this is why I couldn't get 4 to work.

Update: I'm having the same issue when I click start a new game after the legendary screen the game crashes. Game works fine without the mod. Does it matter I don't install in the default directory?

You won't need to delete any courses. If you rename the course folder you had originally to something different, you can plop my course folder in no issue.

What country are you trying to start with? And what do you mean by default directory? This goes right into your Starters Orders 7 folder.

I install the game to my D drive under games. I don't install to the default folder under C: I use USA.

I have no clue I had the same issue with version 4 so I must be doing something wrong. With 5 I copied the folders to where you say they should go and renamed the course folder to backup. What version of the game should I be on? I think it's 1.030. If it ask me to replace files on copy should I do it?

UPDATE: My bad I wasn't patient enough. After I click on start game it takes about 2 minutes before it gets to the building form screen with another long wait. At least it's working.

Fri May 08, 2020 2:53 am
Group 1 winner

Ah. OK. You should have no issue with it being on a different drive. I do the same thing.

As for updating to 1.030, that is no issue - it wouldn't affect anything on this mod. Only time it would every do anything to the mod is if it changes any of the courses, which it doesn't.

I'll double check my US game tonight. It's possible I messed something up right before uploading.

Fri May 08, 2020 3:15 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Delete Post

Last edited by Greymantle on Fri May 08, 2020 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 08, 2020 3:34 am
Selling plater

I got in finally on my first load and it took over 15 minutes is that normal? I have a good system I7700 4.2 GHZ / 16 GB of ram.

Fri May 08, 2020 3:38 am
Group 1 winner

Yeah. Only for the US game tho. It is very odd. Other ones take about 5 minutes (and have more races in their schedule) but US does take about 15 minutes. Luckily you only have to do this when you start a new game.
Enjoy!

Fri May 08, 2020 4:04 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Mj you have got me to reinstall the game. I had given up and gone back to 6. This however will make the game whole. I'm sure I'm not alone in appreciating what you and the other modders that you mention have done to expand what this game could be. Now all I need to do is get the hang of the breeding side to start getting some fun.

Fri May 08, 2020 2:23 pm
Handicapper

mjtags11 wrote:
Start It SO7 Mod is now available for Version 5.0.1 Beta Testing. Downloads are available on the first post.

Currently, this is in the Beta Test phase to make sure that all possible bugs are ironed out and that everything is well balanced/working correctly. This phase will hopefully last no longer than 1 week, but will depend on the extent of issues that could arise. Once these are ironed out, a 5.0.2 Update will come out which will take this out of Beta Testing.

If you download the mod during this time, please post any bugs that you encounter in this thread - I will correct them as they come in and once a week passes will send out the next update.

Thank you everyone for all of your support. This could not have been done without all of your help.

In addition, many thanks to Bobsworth, Tomas, and Simple Minds for various courses they've made for the game. And a huge thank you to Bobsworth for providing the jumps side of the game.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the acknowledgement mj! I am currently rewriting the jumps schedule files for Australia, Ireland and the UK. I am writing them on a fresh notepad file as I think that (as the mixed schedules seem to be working fine) this bug has to be with the jumps-only schedule files. I will be working on the new .db files this weekend and hope to upload them at the end of the weekend.

Fri May 08, 2020 3:06 pm
Handicapper

It's been a while since I've downloaded any schedules so I'm sure I've ballsed it up somewhere. But I've downloaded the 2 files from the first post for the beta. I've extracted them to to relevant folders. When I load up to start a new game I select the Start It mod. As soon as I do that, the game just crashes and closes on me?

Someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong :cry: Are there any additional files I need to download?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Just had a quick read back for a couple of pages and realised you are aware of this issue. I've seen someone mention about keeping the original British courses so I will put them back in and see if that works.

Edit2: I've put the original course files back in and it is fine. I select jumps game and selected jump legends. It loads up and has the jumps legends in the game but all my horses are flat horses and the schedule is all for flat?

Fri May 08, 2020 3:47 pm
Handicapper

Got this going today, recorded an installation guide for YouTube while I was at it. Installation was easy, loading up the game (US/Flat/Easy) took ages (as expected), but skipping days in the game also takes 5-10 times longer than an unmodded save. Courses loaded well, skipping races during the day itself was quick, and the race my horse was in ran well.

Overall very happy with everything except how long the save took to create (but it being only once per save makes it a minor issue), and how long each day takes to skip as that makes playing the game quite tedious. Hoping that might just be the game loading the courses and that it's doing a one-time thing behind the scene honestly.

Top work as always MJ, looking forward to getting stuck into a save!

Fri May 08, 2020 9:38 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

I attempted to get the Australian jumps schedule to work. I reduced the jumps schedule to one race, that one race is the only race in featureRaces_jump.db and the racecourse is the only course listed in racecourses.db. The game still crashed right at the beginning... with just one race and one course featured in the folder! I just don't know what is causing the jumps-only schedules to crash.

Sat May 09, 2020 9:28 am
Handicapper

The New Stallions Files Are The Horse In The Stallion File Actually Go On To The Game At All? Ive Looked On The New Game At Yards And Farms And Trainers Horses And I Cant Find Any Of The Horses On The Stallions File In The UK And Other Folders And Games ?

Sat May 09, 2020 11:52 am
Selling plater

I'm playing 5.0.1 and was wondering why I never saw the Triple Crown races in my first year. Is there something I'm suppose to do or is the name of it different in game and I missed it?

Sat May 09, 2020 9:24 pm
Group 1 winner

Greymantle wrote:
I'm playing 5.0.1 and was wondering why I never saw the Triple Crown races in my first year. Is there something I'm suppose to do or is the name of it different in game and I missed it?

Which country are you playing in?

All races are at their appropriate time on the calendar, though the UK, Australia, and Ireland ones are with sponsor names. US ones are without sponsor names and are simply written as Kentucky Derby, Preakness, and Belmont Stakes.

Sat May 09, 2020 9:38 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

As mjtags11 has supplied the UK flat schedules, the Triple Crown race names should be consistent right across each country's gameplay.

Separate question mjtags11 - I downloaded the zip file with the non-course 3D stuff and mods and I saw that the UK sched_j.db file was empty apart from the metadata about horse population and season start/finish. Any idea what happened there?

Sat May 09, 2020 11:26 pm
Group 1 winner

bobsworth13 wrote:
As mjtags11 has supplied the UK flat schedules, the Triple Crown race names should be consistent right across each country's gameplay.

Separate question mjtags11 - I downloaded the zip file with the non-course 3D stuff and mods and I saw that the UK sched_j.db file was empty apart from the metadata about horse population and season start/finish. Any idea what happened there?

Ah. I included the wrong schedule in there it seems. I'll fix that in my update.
I was testing out the jumps game to try and get it to work with a blank schedule and seems I forgot to take that out.

Sun May 10, 2020 12:54 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 ... 102  Next