View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 bobsworth13 schedule 
Selling plater

Post Re: bobsworth13 schedule
bobsworth13 wrote:
dwhit55 wrote:

Hi Bobsworth
Works okay just loading up a flat only UK schedule.
But when I try to load UK jumps/combined it crashed straight to desktop - would there be any reason for this? (no error codes)
Thanks

Hi dwhit55
What happens when you load a jumps only game?
As I have only got race data in the mod, the game will pull the trainer/stable/jockey/owner information from whatever is in the default data folder which will be in C:\...\Starters Orders 7\db\. Was that data from the default schedule that came with the game?

Hi Bobs,
It goes to the game mode & settings screen but as soon as I proceed to start a new game it crashes to the desktop.
I have used the trainer/stable/jockeys/owners details from a mod I had previously - could this be the issue?
As I wanted to use current up to date jockeys/trainers etc
Thanks.

Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:23 pm
Handicapper

dwhit55 wrote:
bobsworth13 wrote:
dwhit55 wrote:

Hi Bobsworth
Works okay just loading up a flat only UK schedule.
But when I try to load UK jumps/combined it crashed straight to desktop - would there be any reason for this? (no error codes)
Thanks

Hi dwhit55
What happens when you load a jumps only game?
As I have only got race data in the mod, the game will pull the trainer/stable/jockey/owner information from whatever is in the default data folder which will be in C:\...\Starters Orders 7\db\. Was that data from the default schedule that came with the game?

Hi Bobs,
It goes to the game mode & settings screen but as soon as I proceed to start a new game it crashes to the desktop.
I have used the trainer/stable/jockeys/owners details from a mod I had previously - could this be the issue?
As I wanted to use current up to date jockeys/trainers etc
Thanks.

Hi dwhit55
There is no reason why trainer/jockey/owner data from one country should affect race data in another country but that was precisely the issue I was facing when I was trying to get the UK and Irish jumps-only schedule to work in mjtags11's Start It mod. Sometimes the stables data was a factor. The only way I could fix it would be to reimpose the default data and then ease the mods back in (file by file) just to see what file was the culprit.
I don't propose that you do that but I'm afraid it might be one or two files among your existing mod that you might have in your main db folder. Out of interest, do you have modded db files in that main db folder? My mod might work if you keep only the default files in the main folder and all db mods confined to the 'mods' folder.
Perhaps my own trainer/stable/owner data might fix it. I have completed the UK names, am currently working on the Irish names and will then do the French names.

Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:28 pm
Group 1 winner

bobsworth13 wrote:
qwsa wrote:
Out of interest did you email Mark? I really would love to see the jumps game improved. It has so much potential. The major drawback to creating a near perfect schedule on the flat game is the problem of having to incorporate so many countries, as well as the 3 meetings per day maximum being limiting, whereas in the jumps game to have a near perfect schedule all we need are the UK and Ireland and we wouldn't need more than 3 meetings per day. Because of this it seems so much more possible, and I am confident that I could make a near perfect jumps schedule if the AI was improved in several ways that have been mentioned before, that I think are all relatively small improvements, that I can't really understand why they haven't been made.
I would love to be able to help out in making these improvements and creating a schedule that I really believe would take the game to a new level, and bring a bigger fanbase to the game, because as it is, the jumps game is unplayable from a perspective of having any kind of realism.

I emailed him about the problems with the novice races and how horses seem to be running in all of them. I had been trying to control this with <CONDITION>minrating=xx but it did not seem to work. I let Mark know about that. I also mentioned the <EXTFIELDSPEC>home variable produces void races and that in some flat race handicaps, the jumps trainers and colours seem to take over... not sure if you have noticed that in mixed schedules.

Hi bobsworth, great work on the schedule. I don't often play a combined schedule so I can't say I've noticed the issue with the colours. In regards to the novice races, I've tried too to control horses running in ever feature novice race with conditions, particular maxruns which works well on the flat for preventing horses from over racing, but it can't really be applied to jumps racing because novice hurdles will often have had runs in bumpers, and novice chases will often have run over hurdles, and I wouldn't want to prevent these horses from being able to run. The <RTGLIMIT> tag can be used, I've tried it put limits on certain races that are not as good generally, but again, it doesn't work very well, particularly because horses seem to be running over such a range of distances, and also because the ratings are way off what they should be in the jumps game too. I will definitely give your schedule a go, but it is frustrating to see these niggling issues continuing and really ruining the jumps game for me at least. Hopefully Mark will get back to you.

Thanks

Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:49 pm
Selling plater

Hi Bobs,
Back again!
Unsure whats happening here - flat schedule seems to work fine but as soon as I try to load any Jumps or Combined it crashes to the desktop.
I have redownloaded the game as just put the mod folder in but still no luck.
Not sure if any others are having issues,
Cheers

Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:20 pm
Group 3 winner

Hi Bobsworth i have followed your instructions and her schedule appears in the list but when i select it and select jumps it loads the default schedule

Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:29 pm
Handicapper

dwhit55 wrote:
Hi Bobs,
Back again!
Unsure whats happening here - flat schedule seems to work fine but as soon as I try to load any Jumps or Combined it crashes to the desktop.
I have redownloaded the game as just put the mod folder in but still no luck.
Not sure if any others are having issues,
Cheers

Hi dwhit55
Hope you had a nice Christmas.
Would you mind uploading to me the data schedule as you have it? I want to see whether or not it loads on my machine. If I find the same thing as what you have found, I can go through the code and see what was wrong.
If you upload your file (preferably zipped) to Dropbox or Mediafire, you can PM me the link.
Thanks

Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:01 pm
Handicapper

flumpet wrote:
Hi Bobsworth i have followed your instructions and her schedule appears in the list but when i select it and select jumps it loads the default schedule

Hi flumpet
Hope you had a nice Christmas break.
I have not seen anything like that before. I know that the game type (flat, jumps or mixed) resets if you then select the mod. But have not heard of a mod selection resetting to the default. Do you get my mod if you load the mixed schedule?

Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:15 pm
Selling plater

The schedule looks great but im having a big issue with 2 year olds. There are virtually no 2/3 year old horses in the game or 2 yo races and Champion 2 year olds are all from walkovers. Is it something i have done wrong?

If i knew how to attach a screenshot here i could show better. But basically champion colt had like 15 wins, 12 of which were walkovers including the likes of the dewhurst.

Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:23 pm
Handicapper

ateta wrote:
The schedule looks great but im having a big issue with 2 year olds. There are virtually no 2/3 year old horses in the game or 2 yo races and Champion 2 year olds are all from walkovers. Is it something i have done wrong?

If i knew how to attach a screenshot here i could show better. But basically champion colt had like 15 wins, 12 of which were walkovers including the likes of the dewhurst.

I have heard of similar complaints about the game generally, that it does not generate enough two year olds. Does the 2yo and 3yo stock not pick up in the next years?

Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:03 pm
Group 3 winner

Hi Bobsworth yeh thanks had a good Christmas hope you did
When i start a new game i click on user mods available and select your schedule from the list.
On the next screen it comes up with the schedule yours don't appear and default is ticked that was jumps and also jumps and flat
Your schedule folder does go into the mods folder as a folder and not as individual schedules ?

Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:38 pm
Handicapper

flumpet wrote:
Hi Bobsworth yeh thanks had a good Christmas hope you did
When i start a new game i click on user mods available and select your schedule from the list.
On the next screen it comes up with the schedule yours don't appear and default is ticked that was jumps and also jumps and flat
Your schedule folder does go into the mods folder as a folder and not as individual schedules ?

So, on the "Load or start a new game" page, do you see my mod on the bottom left corner, as in the image below?
https://ibb.co/vdmVtLz
On the next screen is where you create my mod. But don't click on the invite on the bottom left of the screen to revert to the default. Just proceed with clicking on the "Start a new game" button on the top right of the screen. It will load my schedule and not the default.
https://ibb.co/R6ccXwz

Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:28 am
Group 3 winner

Hi Bobsworth

Yes I select your schedule from the drop down list and then click for next screen, the default is ticked i ignore that and click to carry on.
When I get into game it starts at Punchestown is that correct this is jumps i am talking about,I was hoping you had the French jumping in the schedule.
Your screen shot showed for selecting a new game showed default bobsworth but mine just says bobsworth 13 schedule

Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:23 pm
Handicapper

flumpet wrote:
Hi Bobsworth

Yes I select your schedule from the drop down list and then click for next screen, the default is ticked i ignore that and click to carry on.
When I get into game it starts at Punchestown is that correct this is jumps i am talking about,I was hoping you had the French jumping in the schedule.
Your screen shot showed for selecting a new game showed default bobsworth but mine just says bobsworth 13 schedule

That's baffling. The Irish flat only and mixed schedules should start with an evening meeting at Ballinrobe on May 3. The name of the mod is "bobsworth 13 schedule".
It doesn't sound to me as though you picked up the right schedule. Because French jumping is prominent in both those schedules. The first French jumps meeting you should see is Enghien.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:40 pm
Group 3 winner

Hi Bobsworth
Your schedule appears in the user mods list but no schedule appears in the next screen ,have I installed it wrong
I am right in saying the folder goes in mods within the the mods folder in the game or is that wrong

Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:48 pm
Group 3 winner

Hi Bobsworth

Dont know what to do now tried everything i select your schedule from mods ignore the dafault schedule but it load the old one

Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next