View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:25 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The Upload Window 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: The Upload Window
Personally I enjoy been able to upload new horses half way through the season.

In all honesty it would be a real shame to lose it. I think it aids everyone and the progress of trainers advancing in there games.

Just my opinion.

Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:12 am
Group 1 winner

I am not sure it aids everyone at all, it does aid those who can play more during the first few weeks and those who have not yet hit the wall so where improvement is still possible. But we need two sides to a every debate.

This may call for a vote and we should bottom this out for next season.

Josh

Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:43 am
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
I am not sure it aids everyone at all, it does aid those who can play more during the first few weeks and those who have not yet hit the wall so where improvement is still possible. But we need two sides to a every debate.

This may call for a vote and we should bottom this out for next season.

Josh

I'm easy either way. Thought I'd share my opinion, happy to have no uploads if you max out your stables.

I'll just leave a few out if that's allowed and try and improve on my weakest areas.

Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:00 am
Group 1 winner

The answer for a trainer like you Craig would be to upload 80% of your stable at the beginning and leave some space to add your improvers.

Others may go even lighter and rely on later uploads, others may max out at the beginning based on their game time or just their chosen strategy.

Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:07 pm
Handicapper

I agree with Craig, I enjoy putting new fresh ones in and getting rid of the duck eggs

Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:04 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Last season I think this played a big part in deciding the NH title race too.

I completely disagree with this comment. You are basically trying to say that Leon only won the NH title due to the upload of new horses?

Leon had the best horses in the NH league before the upload window and once the big festival meetings came along he pulled right away and evidently so. With or without the upload he would have won.

This is such a disrespectful comment Josh. What your trying to say is that you should have won it right.

Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:13 am
Group 1 winner

Poll Posted lets not let things get out of hands lads lets just see what the majority want to do

there are 4 options think I have covered everything

Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:31 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Poll Posted lets not let things get out of hands lads lets just see what the majority want to do

there are 4 options think I have covered everything

I'm happy with the majority Paul.

I know when to keep off the forum.

But that comment from Josh is disrespectful to say the least.

Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:54 am
Group 1 winner

It’s not disrespectful it’s an opinion based on experience. If you would like to qualify it go back and check the results. Leon brought in a number of great horses especially at around the 2.4m chase mark, that had been an area prior to the window where i had been dominate, about the only one, post window not so much and I lost ground week after week from there.

Not sure i see why saying he did better and found better horses than I did during the upload, specifically to tackle my area of strength, is disrespectful?

And I am not saying I would have won either, i was trying to compete with an inferior team by scratching around for winners over the whole card, sort of like this year, but I tend to think it may have been closer, since the window just pushed his advantage further.

So stop putting words into my mouth, what’s the agenda or axe you want to grind, since you do seem to love to jump down my throat on these forums, you don’t like me fine, I’ll get over it, perhaps you should also.

Last edited by Githyanki on Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:25 am
Group 1 winner

From my own personal experience of watching last season's races Leon had the better horses to begin with.

What you tried to do which was a tactically move fair play to ya, you have also done a similar move this season. Is go for the lower handicap races to try and pull away on wins before the big festivals kick in.

What is disrespectful in my view is you saying that it had an effect on you supposedly losing or winning the title.

So you basically lost because of the uploads when you uploaded horses as well.

You had very good 2mC and 2m4C/2m4H the rest was above average at best to be honest. Leon had a much more balanced team with very good horses covering 85% of all distances.

Leon won the league fair and square and by a record breaking margin as well.

You should know better than most, some of us put it a hell of a lot of time to be in a position we are at.

Take the loss on the chin and move on.

Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:46 am
Handicapper

Hemz wrote:
From my own personal experience of watching last season's races Leon had the better horses to begin with.

What you tried to do which was a tactically move fair play to ya, you have also done a similar move this season. Is go for the lower handicap races to try and pull away on wins before the big festivals kick in.

What is disrespectful in my view is you saying that it had an effect on you supposedly losing or winning the title.

So you basically lost because of the uploads when you uploaded horses as well.

You had very good 2mC and 2m4C/2m4H the rest was above average at best to be honest. Leon had a much more balanced team with very good horses covering 85% of all distances.

Leon won the league fair and square and by a record breaking margin as well.

You should know better than most, some of us put it a hell of a lot of time to be in a position we are at.

Take the loss on the chin and move on.

Couldn't of said it any better :D

Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:24 am
Group 1 winner

My popularity goes from strength to strength ;)

Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:27 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2