View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Starting a new jumps game 
Selling plater

Post Starting a new jumps game
Hi Guys, my current game is flat only. If I started a new combined or jumps only game do I have to start from scratch? Ie. can I transfer any breeding horses into the new game from my flat game? I'm not entirely sure how League Mode works in this regard. I think I remember seeing that 5 transfers are allowed... is this right?

Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:13 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Starting a new jumps game
NeedGlue? wrote:
Hi Guys, my current game is flat only. If I started a new combined or jumps only game do I have to start from scratch? Ie. can I transfer any breeding horses into the new game from my flat game? I'm not entirely sure how League Mode works in this regard. I think I remember seeing that 5 transfers are allowed... is this right?

Have to start from scratch mate no transfers allowed in League Play

Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:58 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

NeedGlue? wrote:

If you start a new combined game. You will see vast improvements with your flat and jumps horse in your CK and for the league.

On a side note will be having another season after this one?

There is a quite few people curious if this is the last season?

I honestly think this season as been ultra competitive and the results speak for themselves.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:30 am
Group 1 winner

Agree with Craig on all of that.

I think we need to know plans for next season so that we can get an idea of time we have to try get a stable together and also any changes that will be made so we know what the format will be.

Maybe a new thread is needed to share ideas and then agree on clarify on the main points.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:21 am
Group 1 winner

No reason to think there will not be another season and just as much reason to assume nothing will change.

We really just need to stop all the bitching and moaning.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:59 pm
Group 1 winner

HurricaneRun wrote:
Agree with Craig on all of that.

I think we need to know plans for next season so that we can get an idea of time we have to try get a stable together and also any changes that will be made so we know what the format will be.

Maybe a new thread is needed to share ideas and then agree on clarify on the main points.

Leon has already said he is moving on after this season so nothing can be changed as Tom has been
created and run by Leon for years and brilliantly too.

Without Leon I doubt anything can be changed but to be honest all the tech stuff is way over my head

Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:40 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I know that Paul and I think if we don't change too much and ask too much of Leon with the coding, he will be more inclined to stick about and defend his title.

He owes me that much, I have given him a few scares in big races on debut season and want a proper shot next season at trying to dethrone him in the NH.

I agree Josh that we need to not whinge and moan and ultimately if we keep the transfer window as is then so be it. We move on and carry on with it. It would be easy to avoid a recode but specify no retirements and only spare slots can therefore be filled - as that would work with current functionality.

I think the main convo we need to have and get input and support on is the shcedule and making it work more effectively with the racekit handicaps. There are too many races on the flat with tiny fields due to not enough horses being eligible and so we need to look at how the handicapping will work and to make sure it aligns nicely with the schedule.

We are 70-80% there already, the league is great - let's hone it , constructively and as a collective, rather than argue and end up losing it altogether. If we get that going and get some people committed to supporting on running the league next season then we'll all be more inclined to continue playing and breeding new horses.

Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:56 pm
Group 1 winner

I'm sure there will be another season. From my side even if I don't have stable I will tick the code over to ensure the league functions. So roll over seasons etc. But I won't be making any changes to code etc. Just solve problems if they arise. Sorry under some home pressure not to do to much coding

Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]