View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 New player needing guidance 
Selling plater

Post New player needing guidance
Good afternoon

I have recently bought SO7 after playing some of the previous versions but I’ve never gone into the league.

Can someone give me an idea of what I need to do to prepare myself for league racing. I understand I need to create the online account. It seems then I just need to run my game and gain lots of money to buy the best horses and breed them and when I get something good upload it to my online stable?

This league seems really intriguing and something I could really get my teeth into. If anyone would rather private message with some help then I’m more than happy with that.

Thanks
Jamie

Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:57 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: New player needing guidance
Make Sure you are playing a LEAGUE MODE game any other game mode you wont be able to join.

I play Combined League mode has i like to have both Flat and Jumps Stables you are more likely to win a jump Race than a Flat race its because some only play the flat game like Americans and Australians also its now known that the Combined Game 7y0 Flat horses are better than a 4 or 5yo Flat game horse so most players have now switched to a combined Mode
to get the 7YO Flat Horses but some Players do well just playing the Flat game for the 2 and 3yO Horses.

Gray

Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:18 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

Thank you. To be honest my interest is more on the jumps but will happily start a combined game later on with league mode switched on.

When is the next league due to start?

Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:48 pm
Group 1 winner

Jammag wrote:
Thank you. To be honest my interest is more on the jumps but will happily start a combined game later on with league mode switched on.

When is the next league due to start?

End of June/July all well with Volunteers'

Gray

Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:05 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Selling plater

Been trying to crack on with breeding and get through some seasons on this game however it is very frustrating. I bought the game on steam and the amount of times it crashed was ridiculous. Ended up losing seasons at a time when the program would suddenly shut down. After a while I realised I couldn’t watch any races from aintree which was a shame as the game would instantly crash. Then since Wednesday the game is crashing after only a few weeks. I have no idea why but it’s become very annoying and frustrating when I am losing stuff all the time.

I don’t have any mods added to the game and I have unistalled the game and reinstalled but this hasn’t worked either. To say I’m gutted is an understatement at the amount of time I’ve lost

I’m hoping I will have managed to get some horses for online in the next couple months but I’m starting to doubt it due to the crashes

Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:34 am
Group 2 winner

I had similar issues with this for a long time ( I think Paul may have just had a similar issue too), it almost wiped out the last online season for me it went on that long. I ended up resetting the laptop I was using after backing up my SO files. I have no idea what the issue was, but the reset fixed it completely. I went from having a crash every couple of days and not being able to watch races in the game. To getting maybe 1 or 2 crashes since the rest, about 3 or 4 months ago.

In the meantime, always back up your game each season. the saves and the HDB files which contain all the exported horse files. Copy them over from the saves file to a backup folder. This way you never lose any of your horses from a crash.

Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:20 pm
Group 1 winner

kniesh wrote:
I had similar issues with this for a long time ( I think Paul may have just had a similar issue too), it almost wiped out the last online season for me it went on that long. I ended up resetting the laptop I was using after backing up my SO files. I have no idea what the issue was, but the reset fixed it completely. I went from having a crash every couple of days and not being able to watch races in the game. To getting maybe 1 or 2 crashes since the rest, about 3 or 4 months ago.

In the meantime, always back up your game each season. the saves and the HDB files which contain all the exported horse files. Copy them over from the saves file to a backup folder. This way you never lose any of your horses from a crash.

Still have the issue all my files show up blank I cant even play the game as its pointless because I wont be able to trial
anything have posted in tech support and emailed Mark but so far nothing back

hopefully I can find an answer or solution I cant go back to my old laptop becuase it making a racket and is ready to blow
I was just lucky I got everything across to my new one.

Has anyone else noticed how big some of the saves files are some of my games are over 4GB :shock:

Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:22 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
kniesh wrote:

Still have the issue all my files show up blank I cant even play the game as its pointless because I wont be able to trial

hopefully I can find an answer or solution I cant go back to my old laptop becuase it making a racket and is ready to blow

Has anyone else noticed how big some of the saves files are some of my games are over 4GB :shock:

Hi Paul.

Not sure if this will help mate. But it's worth a try.

Go to your search tab at the bottom on your taskbar. Type in file explorer, then go to option and view again in that window and make sure your hidden files box is ticked. This may open up the files which are location in your HDB file.

Good luck.

Craig

Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:00 am
Group 1 winner

Hemz wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
kniesh wrote:

Hi Paul.

Not sure if this will help mate. But it's worth a try.

Go to your search tab at the bottom on your taskbar. Type in file explorer, then go to option and view again in that window and make sure your hidden files box is ticked. This may open up the files which are location in your HDB file.

Good luck.

Craig

Hi mate thanks but thats not the issue all the files are there i can see them but when
i put/paste the HDB files in the saves folder open the game the ck is blank

Also since i installed the game on new laptop my HDB name has gone from tester00 to my email address
Have tried renaming the hdb files but i dont think the game allows this and still shows up blank in the ck so
have lost every exported horse unless i get help

Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:57 am
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Not sure if you've tried this, probably have but worth a shout just in case mate. I used to always have an 'error' file in the saves folder after mine had crashed. Until I deleted this I had similar issues to you. I had to delete that folder, then copy an paste my back up folders over before it worked

Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:44 am
Group 1 winner

Really hope you can sort it out Paul.

It's soul destroying when they are not in the CK. Fingers crossed Mark can sort it out for you mate.

Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:22 am
Handicapper

Jammag : just to get back on track with your Aintree issue. This problem has been posted in the forums before and I am not aware that any solution has been forthcoming. Bottom line is that you cannot watch races at that course - in some cases not even a replay after the event. Game will crash either before you even get to the course or at some point during the race. I took the issue up with the developer nearly twelve months ago and was told to turn all features off (which will at least mean it is only Aintree that crashes) and play in 9xdirect. My understanding is that Aintree race graphics have more detail/are bigger and will not work on newer/more powerful machines. I have no idea if those of us who bought the game on Steam are the only ones with the problem - but if you read the discussion forum on there it is pretty much entirely made up with crash issues. It would be good to get a reply/solution from the developer as the only way to see this issue going away is for Aintree graphics to be brought into line with all the other racecourses in SO7.

Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:35 pm
Group 1 winner

Hemz wrote:

It's soul destroying when they are not in the CK. Fingers crossed Mark can sort it out for you mate.

Thanks Hemz mate ya you are right not getting my daily hour fix of SO7 is killing me
Hopefully Mark is on the case now and there hopefully will be a solution

Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:05 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Hemz wrote:

Thanks Hemz mate ya you are right not getting my daily hour fix of SO7 is killing me

I see its all down to being testers, I hope u get it sorted.

Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:59 am
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Hemz wrote:

I see its all down to being testers, I hope u get it sorted.

Thats the core issue at the start there was a group of us used as testers and when we then purchased
the game the tester licence did not change over to our email address which causes no issue until
you have to move PCs so basically transferring all your stuff gets blocked because it thinks you are 2 different users
Thankfully Mark is able to change the names of the HDB files at his end.

Unfortunately I keep a copy of the HDB file for each distance I cant seem to work it with horses of several
distances in the HDB so had 10 - 12 files for him to convert I guess its no ones fault just one of those
things that nobody could see coming. Hopefully I'l have the files back by the weekend and can get back into action

Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:06 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next