View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 bobsworth13 schedule 
Handicapper

Post Re: bobsworth13 schedule
Tomas wrote:
Thank you so much bobsworth on a job well done mate, I just downloaded your work and I love your show cases & your courses, would you give me permission to use your work in my game?

again great work.

Thanks for the shoutout bud. Sure, all fine to use my work.

Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:53 pm
Selling plater

Thanks Bobsworth for a cracking schedule. I have played 8 or 9 seasons of a UK jumps game with your schedule and loved every minute of it. A good selection of races for horses of all ages and quality, with a good progression of quality racing through the winter and spring for the better horses in the yard culminating at Cheltenham in March and Aintree in April.

I have recently started a UK flat game with your schedule, but have encountered a problem. I sell all my starting horses, invest in a breeding barn and play as an owner/breeder. Having bred a number of foals during the first season, these are born and switch to yearlings in the November when the initial playing season ends and the second begins. When the following year comes around these horses join the stable as 2 year olds again in the November at the start of the third season.

This is where I have encountered the issue, as when these horses pass into 1st January of the third season (as yet unraced after two months in the game as 2 year olds) they turn three. As such there is no opportunity to race them as 2yo in any of the G1/2/3 2yo only races in your schedule eg: Cheveley Park Stakes.

Is there a way of changing the starting date of the UK flat season (and hence the start of the flat game) to 1st January to overcome this problem? As then the 2yo would populate into the stable that month with a full summer of flat racing ahead of them a 2yo.

Fri May 14, 2021 9:49 am
Handicapper

scampy wrote:
Thanks Bobsworth for a cracking schedule. I have played 8 or 9 seasons of a UK jumps game with your schedule and loved every minute of it. A good selection of races for horses of all ages and quality, with a good progression of quality racing through the winter and spring for the better horses in the yard culminating at Cheltenham in March and Aintree in April.

I have recently started a UK flat game with your schedule, but have encountered a problem. I sell all my starting horses, invest in a breeding barn and play as an owner/breeder. Having bred a number of foals during the first season, these are born and switch to yearlings in the November when the initial playing season ends and the second begins. When the following year comes around these horses join the stable as 2 year olds again in the November at the start of the third season.

This is where I have encountered the issue, as when these horses pass into 1st January of the third season (as yet unraced after two months in the game as 2 year olds) they turn three. As such there is no opportunity to race them as 2yo in any of the G1/2/3 2yo only races in your schedule eg: Cheveley Park Stakes.

Is there a way of changing the starting date of the UK flat season (and hence the start of the flat game) to 1st January to overcome this problem? As then the 2yo would populate into the stable that month with a full summer of flat racing ahead of them a 2yo.

Hi scampy. Thanks for the good report. Huh, I didn't realise that tallying the start-end dates with the real-life turf season for the flat schedule cut short the campaign for your incoming 2yos. I will send you a revised schedule file for the flat-only schedule so the start date for the season is 1 January. Does this issue emerge in the mixed schedule?

Sat May 15, 2021 8:10 pm
Selling plater

Thanks Bobsworth. That would be much appreciated.

Not sure about whether the issue repeats on the mixed schedule as I usually don't choose this options as switching between flat and jumps in the game does my head in! I have just loaded up a mixed schedule game, and the November start date would probably mean the issue carries into this format.

Not sure you would overcome this, unless it can be set that all horses to enter the game on 1st January - which would effectively mirror the date that horses 'age' in both flat and national hunt?

Sun May 16, 2021 9:25 am
Handicapper

Here is a link to the flat-only schedule with the season starting on New Year's Day.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0e1ypmiq ... _f.db/file

Sun May 16, 2021 7:49 pm
Selling plater

Thank you Bobsworth. I loaded up a new flat game last night and will play through the first few seasons and feedback in due course, although I cannot see any reason why this solution would not resolve the problem.

Mon May 17, 2021 5:47 am
Selling plater

Bobsworth - happy to report that having completed the first season, my new yearlings dropped into the game on first of January 2022 and therefore should be ready for racing as two year olds at the start of the 2023 season. :D

Wed May 26, 2021 5:53 am
Handicapper

scampy wrote:
Bobsworth - happy to report that having completed the first season, my new yearlings dropped into the game on first of January 2022 and therefore should be ready for racing as two year olds at the start of the 2023 season. :D

Hey scampy. Great to hear that your game has been giving you a good crop of two-year-olds. A shame that you had to sacrifice a bit of reality.

Thu May 27, 2021 3:21 am
Selling plater

Hi Bobsworth. Just to report that I have noticed an issue with one of the races on the schedule.

The 5f Nunthorpe at York (19th August) does not appear to be being run each season.

Just had my first G2 winner with a home-bred 2yo (Norfolk Stakes in June) and the jockey advised to go for the Nunthorpe next. When I checked the date in the diary it was showing the Nunthorpe as a G1-G race on the 19th August - but then also saying no previous versions of the race have been run, and the option to enter the runner was not shown. So something must be stopping horses being entered in this particular race.

Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:47 am
Handicapper

scampy wrote:
Hi Bobsworth. Just to report that I have noticed an issue with one of the races on the schedule.

The 5f Nunthorpe at York (19th August) does not appear to be being run each season.

Just had my first G2 winner with a home-bred 2yo (Norfolk Stakes in June) and the jockey advised to go for the Nunthorpe next. When I checked the date in the diary it was showing the Nunthorpe as a G1-G race on the 19th August - but then also saying no previous versions of the race have been run, and the option to enter the runner was not shown. So something must be stopping horses being entered in this particular race.

Congratulations on getting your first G2 winner. On the Nunthorpe race, that is odd. I have got it coded up as 2YOUP. Have you noticed this same issue with the Scarbrough Stakes at Doncaster on 7 September? That race is also coded 2YOUP.

Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:46 pm
Selling plater

bobsworth13 wrote:
scampy wrote:

Congratulations on getting your first G2 winner. On the Nunthorpe race, that is odd. I have got it coded up as 2YOUP. Have you noticed this same issue with the Scarbrough Stakes at Doncaster on 7 September? That race is also coded 2YOUP.

Bobsworth - yes the issue is the same with the Scarborough on 7th Sept. No previous versions having been run, and no option to diary an entrant. On both races the diary entry line has the race details, but has a "G" on the far right after the final bracket.

Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:36 am
Handicapper

scampy wrote:
bobsworth13 wrote:
scampy wrote:

Bobsworth - yes the issue is the same with the Scarborough on 7th Sept. No previous versions having been run, and no option to diary an entrant. On both races the diary entry line has the race details, but has a "G" on the far right after the final bracket.

Right. Try this for the featureRaces_flat.db file. I have replaced "2YOUP" with "OPEN". This should solve the problem. https://www.mediafire.com/file/62vmi6y3 ... at.db/file

Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:22 am
Selling plater

Thanks for that Bobsworth, unfortunately when I put the new db file into my game it has not had any impact on my current save. Both races are listed on the diary page, but are not available for entries. I am actually at the end of July 2023, so should be able to see the Nunthoprpe on the race entries page as well - however that is not showing up.

The good news is however that I have just booted up a new game to see if the two races work in a new save, and I can confirm that they do :) I can live without a couple of races in my current save, knowing they will be available in my next iteration.

Cheers.

Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:19 am
Handicapper

scampy wrote:
Thanks for that Bobsworth, unfortunately when I put the new db file into my game it has not had any impact on my current save. Both races are listed on the diary page, but are not available for entries. I am actually at the end of July 2023, so should be able to see the Nunthoprpe on the race entries page as well - however that is not showing up.

The good news is however that I have just booted up a new game to see if the two races work in a new save, and I can confirm that they do :) I can live without a couple of races in my current save, knowing they will be available in my next iteration.

Cheers.

Glad to hear it will work out. Yes, when you start a game, it will capture the data as it was when you started the game. So only the next game you create will show the information from new data files.

Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:33 pm
Selling plater

Downloaded this mod and looks great but got a season in and it runs from November to November so when your 2yo come through they turn 3 in the January meaning you can’t run them in 2yo races throughout the season

Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next